First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Saw a pile of chewed up black and blue foam on the passenger floor mat. Found these cute little fellers on top of the cabin air filter. A: are there any filters that incorporate a metal screen on top or do you have a home made solution? And B: Why don't manufacturers incorporate some kind of hardware cloth into the ventilation system?
Ford Maverick Cabin air filter screen? thumbnail
Sponsored

OP
OP
dalesworld

dalesworld

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the nest isn't in the filter, it will be somewhere else under the hood. No way to get around it if you are in an area with mouse/rat/squirrel/cat issues.
I just find it hard to believe that metal screening can't be incorporated into the ventilation system. Seems like it would cost pennies...and those would translate to dollars I would be happy to spend.

OP
OP
dalesworld

dalesworld

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just be thankful they aren’t eating the soy based wire Insolation.
That's one of the things that gave me pause about buying a hybrid with all the extra miles of wires. They've chewed through the wires to a fuel pump sending unit on our van once and laying on your back soldering in new wiring over your head is no fun. Think I may toss some mothballs into the glovebox and any cubbies for the time being.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's one of the things that gave me pause about buying a hybrid with all the extra miles of wires. They've chewed through the wires to a fuel pump sending unit on our van once and laying on your back soldering in new wiring over your head is no fun. Think I may toss some mothballs into the glovebox and any cubbies for the time being.
Use dryer sheets, they don't smell so bad.

AnnieWaits

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ugh… this is an issue on a lot of Toyota products and I had to clean out a mouse carcass and shredded HVAC filter from my Tundra. I ended up just spraying mint rodent repellant around the HVAC intake every month during the winter, since it was a lease, but others installed chicken wire as a more permanent solution.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Saw a pile of chewed up black and blue foam on the passenger floor mat. Found these cute little fellers on top of the cabin air filter. A: are there any filters that incorporate a metal screen on top or do you have a home made solution? And B: Why don't manufacturers incorporate some kind of hardware cloth into the ventilation system?
thumbnail.jpg
I had this in my CRV, only in the garage…
Sponsored