TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
right. mine does the same thing. if it's sat a little bit and damp out sounds like the front passenger side brake is grinding. after a couple minutes of driving it seems to go away. thinking of taking it in to get looked at
You would be wasting your free time. There's iron content in the rotors, metal content in the pads. Slight corrosion if a vehicle has been sitting, especially after driven in the wet/high humidity situations/ snow and salt situations, is perfectly normal. It will scrub off quickly.
Sponsored

Jedi

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For maverick
Hey all -

Has anyone else experienced a "grinding" sensation/feeling when pressing on the brake pedal? Curious if this is something to be expected during break-in, or if this is something I need to go back to my dealer with.
I just got my maverick last Friday and my brakes are doing this. It doesn’t happen every time that I brake. But when it does it sounds like the brakes are grinding. I’m taking it to the dealer next week

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If only after being parked for sometime it is just surface corrosion. My work van sits for 3 days and if conditions are right it grinds a first press of pedal. Maybe second of first was minimal time or pressure applied.

keith.doyle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got my maverick last Friday and my brakes are doing this. It doesn’t happen every time that I brake. But when it does it sounds like the brakes are grinding. I’m taking it to the dealer next week
My brakes seem to be doing the same.. what did your dealer tell you it was?

larmor19

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey all -

Has anyone else experienced a "grinding" sensation/feeling when pressing on the brake pedal? Curious if this is something to be expected during break-in, or if this is something I need to go back to my dealer with.
Have had this same issue for months. Had two different dealers look at it three times and each time they say nothing is wrong. I'm just going to change the rotors and pads myself, not worth waiting a month for an appointment and then them telling me nothing is wrong or wanting to charge me 300+ to fix what should have been a warranty issue.

22maverickxlt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the same grind sensation after doing a suspension upgrade. Similar to a rough ABS pulse. After checking pads/rotors, connections I couldn’t come up with anything that seemed to point to the cause. I have about 2500 miles on the truck since then. It has dissipated and I no longer have the issue.
Sponsored