2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just thought I would pass this along for anyone looking to upgrade the tires on their truck. Seems the 245/65R17 is the most popular size for those looking to go with a larger-than-stock, all-terrain tire.

I was on the Walmart site last night and noticed they currently have the Cooper Discoverer AT in that size for $121 per tire, which is $20 off the regular price. This tire has an excellent treadwear rating and seems to get very good reviews. Link below.

COOPERS ON SALE AT WALMART

Ford Maverick Black Friday Deal -- Cooper Discoverer ATs Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 9.19.20 AM

I decided to go ahead and order a set, since my truck is currently in production and I'm hoping to have it by Christmas. This was a tire I had been looking at, and I couldn't pass up the price. Not sure how long this sale will last, so take advantage while you can if this is an option you had been considering.

Personally, I plan to swap out the stock Pirellis as soon as I take delivery of my truck and sell them. I figure I ought to be able to recoup most of the cost of these Coopers, since the Pirellis are actually a more expensive tire in terms of list price.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is a decently looking aggressive tire for primarily street use. I may have to look at these myself. I had a Cooper on my Ram and it served me super well.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is a decently looking aggressive tire for primarily street use. I may have to look at these myself. I had a Cooper on my Ram and it served me super well.
Agreed. 90+ percent of my driving will be on pavement, but there will also be times I will be on hunting trips for a week or more and much of that time will be spent on dirt roads or no roads at all. These tires are similar in tread pattern to the Ironman All Countrys I have on my current SUV, and they have served me well for my purposes, both while hunting and during the winter storms we get each year here in Pennsylvania. I think these will do the same. Plus, can't beat them for the price. $121 for a 60,000-mile rated AT tire is a great deal!

Jack Crockett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prelude
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These are different from the AT3 4S that everyone seems to like. The tire appears to be a walmart specific model but i am not positive, I can't find any information on it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

These are different from the AT3 4S that everyone seems to like. The tire appears to be a walmart specific model but i am not positive, I can't find any information on it.
It may be a Walmart specific model, but I looked at it pretty closely. If you read the description, it reads more or less exactly like the description on the Cooper website. Even talks about the grooves to evacuate rain and snow. Tread pattern is identical.

Anyway, I am sure there must be something about them that makes them less expensive, but I'm willing to take a flyer on them for the price, and based on the good reviews.

Jack Crockett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prelude
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It may be a Walmart specific model, but I looked at it pretty closely. If you read the description, it reads more or less exactly like the description on the Cooper website. Even talks about the grooves to evacuate rain and snow. Tread pattern is identical.

Anyway, I am sure there must be something about them that makes them less expensive, but I'm willing to take a flyer on them for the price, and based on the good reviews.
I emailed cooper to see if they'd shed some light but I expect the walmart one has shallower sipes cut into the tread, probably lower quality compound, and some difference in the sidewalls. but I'll update this once they respond.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I emailed cooper to see if they'd shed some light but I expect the walmart one has shallower sipes cut into the tread, probably lower quality compound, and some difference in the sidewalls. but I'll update this once they respond.
Let us know what you hear. But with a 60,000-mile treadwear rating (55,000 on light trucks) it can't be that crappy of a compound.