First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it possible to have a bicycle (with front tire removed) fit in the bed with a Hard Roll Tonneau cover ? Thank You.
Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't seen anyone try that yet. But I suppose it'll depend somewhat on the frame and wheel size. The bed dimensions are readily available though, so maybe compare to your bike (with the front wheel removed).

OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't seen anyone try that yet. But I suppose it'll depend somewhat on the frame and wheel size. The bed dimensions are readily available though, so maybe compare to your bike (with the front wheel removed).
Thanks for the reply. Based on internet photos it may be a tight squeeze. I think I won't know until I try.

Ford Maverick Bicycle in Bed with Hard Roll Tonneau Cover Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 8.35.15 PM

Ford Maverick Bicycle in Bed with Hard Roll Tonneau Cover Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 8.35.23 PM

Ford Maverick Bicycle in Bed with Hard Roll Tonneau Cover Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 8.36.24 PM

Ford Maverick Bicycle in Bed with Hard Roll Tonneau Cover Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 8.36.38 PM

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you attached a couple sections of 2X4 to the front of the board so the skewers could be attached on top of the attached sections all the way to the front of the bed, maybe. In the pics below they are putting the front wheel in front of the board because the is 5 to six inches left in front of the board. Since bike forks curve/lean forward you could still clear the cover. It would be nice to haul your bike with the tailgate fully up. You also need secure the board as thieves love stealing high end bikes, and tossing it into their truck board and all wouldn’t stop them.
Ford Maverick Bicycle in Bed with Hard Roll Tonneau Cover 5F1CB4EC-BA9A-4F55-9887-EB78C01E2AC6

Ford Maverick Bicycle in Bed with Hard Roll Tonneau Cover 0FE7DEB6-0AA5-4892-9943-55E2FE7D163B

Last edited:
OP
OP
nunucello

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you attached a couple sections of 2X4 to the front of the board so the skewers were attached on top of the attached sections all the way to the front of the bed, maybe. Notice in the pics above they are putting the front wheel in front of the board because the is 5 to six inches left in front of the board.
Thank You - that is a good point. The 5/6 inches from the wood plank to the front of the bed may give the depth needed to fit the bicycle. I'm guessing the wheel won't fit under the rolled up hard cover.

Sponsored

rutroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge durango
think it will fit just wont be able to put front tire up were the photos above show it going

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm hoping to put my tandem back there! But I expect that the back wheel is going to hang over a fair bit. Might need a DIY extender.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
think it will fit just wont be able to put front tire up were the photos above show it going
Exactly, and you want to the side of your bike so your locking cable secures it too.

Doc Steel

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Can You tell me how big the cover roll is when open? I have a simular situation but my bikes tire diamiters are 22" and not removed from the bike and ride in a rack touching the bulkhead. The Bed depth is just over 20" so the tires will be a bit higher than the roll. The distance out from the bulkhead will be what I'm looking at to see if I can use a hard roll up or not. I have seen on line any where from 5" to 7" but if its bigger its a no go. I really want to go with the hard rollup verses the soft because of the locking feature along the side.
Sponsored