Sponsored

Best magnetic phone mount for Etsy AkroHD cubby insert?

purduealum91

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i have an iPhone 15 pro max and am looking to purchase a magnetic vent clip style phone mount for AkroHDs cubby inert on Etsy. Please provide links for ones that work best. I know a few are listed in the ad. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

AUTiger83

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Lariat, FX4, 4k Tow, Azure Gray.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i have an iPhone 15 pro max and am looking to purchase a magnetic vent clip style phone mount for AkroHDs cubby inert on Etsy. Please provide links for ones that work best. I know a few are listed in the ad. Thanks in advance.

I know this isn't what you're looking for, but . . . your iPhone has MagSafe, which is MUCH stronger than those cheap magnetic vent holders. I installed this charging MagSafe mount in my cubby. No grid required. There is also a version without the charging feature, I believe. The mount was designed for Tesla, but fits the Maverick perfectly. It's heavy Aluminum with a beautiful finish. Feels high quality and solid. Very adjustable. And dirt cheap for a charging mount ($29.74 as of this date).

ESR for MagSafe Car Mount Charger, Foldable Dashboard Magnetic Wireless Car Charger for Tesla, for MagSafe Car Charger, Tesla Touchscreen Car Phone Holder for iPhone 15/14/13/12, Strong Magnets, Black https://a.co/d/fYGqpR3

The magnet is STRONG. I have a Magsafe branded case on my Pixel 7 Pro. Your iPhone has MagSafe built-in already.

Charging is good, but not incredible. There is a tiny, quiet fan inside that keeps the charger cool.

I drilled a hole in the back of the cubby and in the shroud right above the USB-C charging port so I could run a hidden charging cable to the mount. There are good videos on YouTube showing center dash removal.

Good luck with whatever you pick.

Ford Maverick Best magnetic phone mount for Etsy AkroHD cubby insert? PXL_20231219_203854764

Ford Maverick Best magnetic phone mount for Etsy AkroHD cubby insert? PXL_20231215_033119161~2

Ford Maverick Best magnetic phone mount for Etsy AkroHD cubby insert? PXL_20231215_033220816~2

OP
OP

purduealum91

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this isn't what you're looking for, but . . . your iPhone has MagSafe, which is MUCH stronger than those cheap magnetic vent holders. I installed this charging MagSafe mount in my cubby. No grid required. There is also a version without the charging feature, I believe. The mount was designed for Tesla, but fits the Maverick perfectly. It's heavy Aluminum with a beautiful finish. Feels high quality and solid. Very adjustable. And dirt cheap for a charging mount ($29.74 as of this date).

ESR for MagSafe Car Mount Charger, Foldable Dashboard Magnetic Wireless Car Charger for Tesla, for MagSafe Car Charger, Tesla Touchscreen Car Phone Holder for iPhone 15/14/13/12, Strong Magnets, Black https://a.co/d/fYGqpR3

The magnet is STRONG. I have a Magsafe branded case on my Pixel 7 Pro. Your iPhone has MagSafe built-in already.

Charging is good, but not incredible. There is a tiny, quiet fan inside that keeps the charger cool.

I drilled a hole in the back of the cubby and in the shroud right above the USB-C charging port so I could run a hidden charging cable to the mount. There are good videos on YouTube showing center dash removal.

PXL_20231219_203854764.jpg

PXL_20231215_033119161~2.jpg

PXL_20231215_033220816~2.jpg
Thanks!

SawDust

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord EXL, 2024 Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

PXL_20231219_203854764.jpg

PXL_20231215_033119161~2.jpg

PXL_20231215_033220816~2.jpg
Looks very interesting. My 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid is in Production so I am thinking about getting this phone mount. How does it attach to the side of the cubbie? Double stick tape? Is that provided with the phone mount? How secure is it? I have an iPhone but have never used Apple Car Play. Why would you need to mount an iPhone like that if messages, emails and phone calls show up on Apple Car Play and you can speak to Apple Car Play? Help me understand the interaction between the iPhone and Apple Car Play and the need to mount the phone at eye level when the large screen is there with Apple Car Play on it. Thank you!

AUTiger83

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Lariat, FX4, 4k Tow, Azure Gray.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks very interesting. My 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid is in Production so I am thinking about getting this phone mount. How does it attach to the side of the cubbie? Double stick tape? Is that provided with the phone mount? How secure is it? I have an iPhone but have never used Apple Car Play. Why would you need to mount an iPhone like that if messages, emails and phone calls show up on Apple Car Play and you can speak to Apple Car Play? Help me understand the interaction between the iPhone and Apple Car Play and the need to mount the phone at eye level when the large screen is there with Apple Car Play on it. Thank you!

The mount comes with 3M double-sided tape included. Prep surface with rubbing alcohol before sticking it down. It's very secure.

The Lariat has Sync3. The XL and XLT have a lower grade of connectivity. None of the three are wireless. So you must plug your phone into the data port to use Apple Carplay, UNLESS you add a wireless transmitter (like is built into Sync4) connected to the data port.

I have an Android, so can't give you any feedback on Carplay.

I have an Ottocast box that works with both Android Auto and Carplay, but there are many brands that do the same thing. It is Command Strip velcroed, hidden under the ledge above the dataport.

There are many apps on my phone that are not Android Auto or Carplay compatible, so I like my phone within easy reach and visibility. Many people prefer their phone completely out of view.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the pitaka Air Vent Phone Holder for Car with Cooling Fan for mine, but I haven't installed it yet so no pictures yet. I'm expecting my AcroHD cubby mount to arrive tomorrow. I've already gotten all the other bits for installing USB ports in the bottom of the AcroHD cubby mount so I don't have a cable dangling down my center console.

Pre-installation, it seems to hold on well to my Pixel8Pro with a MagSafe compatible case (dBrand Grip). I did some research looking at review videos and have high hopes that this will work well. Hopefully the fan isn't too loud. ;-)
Sponsored