Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In terms of durability – not comfort – how does the bedrug compare with the spray in bedliner? Though my wife may have different ideas, I have no intention of hauling mulch or dirt or fertilizer in my Maverick. I am also going to install a trifold cover.
As I have just installed it I really can't personally attest on the durability of it but I must say it is very comfortable. I am the kind of guy who researches stuff like crazy before purchasing and I have seen nothing but good reviews on this product.
Sponsored

Joofchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
in my option, this is one of the best accessories you can get!

These covers are fantastic and I had one in my Tacoma for years and years, exposed to the elements, dirt, sand, sun, and leafs with zero damage other than replacing the velcro sticker attachments, to the truck, every few years.

It’s really easy to clean out in the automatics car wash or using the old hose and leaf blower.

The rug is padded, super soft, easy to clean, and seriously protects the bed. It ain’t cheap but absolutely well worth the investment for protecting the truck and protecting cargo.
How much is it?

Sponsored

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered the full Bedrug from realtruck site. I emailed :

He hooked me up! Just send him a email. He takes care of members of MTC!
[email protected]
Yes he gave me great deal as well . It is worth sending him a message .

KCHahn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive a 2001 Ford Range Edge 2WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Planning to have local shop install mine, in a couple of weeks. But, only because I'm not able to, physically. Might not be able to for some time, depending on surgery method I will be undergoing by the end of this month, or very early June. Either TAVR - Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, or the scarier way, known as Open Heart Surgery!! If saved, I'll have a drop in bedliner available, if anyone is interested.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Gotcha, I'm not saying it isn't durable. It just seems like it would make the bed noticably harder to clean. One of the main benefits of our maverick over our explorer is you can throw a bunch of dirty shit in the back of the maverick, and then wash it out very easily. Whereas with an SUV, you have to scrub and clean the fabric which obviously takes more time. But maybe this material is good at repelling filth or something 🤷. Thanks for the comment, learned something new without having to research it.
I've had five bed liner options (bare bed, drop-in, factory and aftermarket spray ins, bed rug, bed mat) in various trucks throughout the years. I really liked the bed rug for hauling basically anything you'd haul in an SUV or minivan. Roller bags, duffel bags, coolers, chairs, camping/sport equipment, etc.

The bed rug is easier on the knees, protects both the truck bed and the cargo from scratches and impact damage, and is easy enough to keep vacuumed clean. And no worries about scratching up the interior trim plastics like in an SUV or van, and you have the flat forward bulkhead of the truck bed to stack and push things against.

The bed rug sucked for sandy or excessively dirty things. After the first trip to the desert, I felt like I was vacuuming sand out of the thing until the day I sold it. It's safe to pressure wash, but even then, the sand was non-stop. It also sucked for field work like in an actual field. Any other bed liner can be easily swept clean of sticklers and dry grass. I also wouldn't really recommend it unless you have a covered bed. It is polypropylene (plastic) so it should be okay in the sun, but I'm sure keeping the UV away helps with longevity.

My preferred bed liner is a hard plastic drop-in. It doesn't work for everyone, but it works for me. They are easy enough on the knees (certainly better than a bare bed or a spray-in), easily swept/washed/vacuumed clean, impact-resistant, stain-resistant, and easy to slide things around on. I prefer the ability to easily slide things and keep 'em in place with straps/bungees/cargo bars versus having a textured surface like a spray-in that basically acts as sandpaper.

Drop-ins do trap water underneath, even if there are drain holes in the bed. Moisture can condense on the underside, and obviously any water that seeps past the edges of the drop-in might pool instead of draining. Fortunately I don't venture out of the southwest much. My previous drop-ins rubbed parts of the bed to bare metal, but that metal never rusted.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Planning to have local shop install mine, in a couple of weeks. But, only because I'm not able to, physically. Might not be able to for some time, depending on surgery method I will be undergoing by the end of this month, or very early June. Either TAVR - Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement, or the scarier way, known as Open Heart Surgery!! If saved, I'll have a drop in bedliner available, if anyone is interested.
If you were closer, I'd offer to do it for you. (The BedLiner, not the valve replacement! :eek: )

KTown

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the forum had the option, would you opt for the factory spray in or remove it?

Sponsored

mitemanx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice, get r done !
Hi Wizard, I just bought a bedrug classic and am having trouble installing bedrug sides where the cutouts are for the cubby hole and 110 volt/12 volt bed light panels. The zippper won't let the panel fit tight at bottom bolts. Got any suggestions? I Sent pictures to bedrug but they are no help>

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi Wizard, I just bought a bedrug classic and am having trouble installing bedrug sides where the cutouts are for the cubby hole and 110 volt/12 volt bed light panels. The zippper won't let the panel fit tight at bottom bolts. Got any suggestions? I Sent pictures to bedrug but they are no help>
Mine was like that too . Although I do not have the power plug in my cover. I was able to get them in by doing the top two first and pushing in really hard with the screw driver . the cover did warp some on the bottom . You may need to get longer screws ,to get them started . Good luck

OP
OP
Wizard

Wizard

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 cactus grey Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just took my time, it was a pain in the ass on the driver's side expecially. Just be careful not to cut to close to the zipper. The cubby panel is not completely flat against the side but not really noticable unless looking real close.
Sponsored