Sponsored

Bed Storage Cubby: Anyone making a metal door with a combo lock on it?

ArtForMoney

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford F-150
I have a Hybrid XLT with the storage cubby on the passenger side of the bed behind the wheel. The plastic door with the plastic latch is cute but it would be much more useful if it had a metal door with a combo lock.
Then you could leave your wallet, keys, and phone in it when you're at the beach or wherever you go like that.
It wouldn't be impossible to break into but in a crowded parking lot it would take some noticeable effort.
Thoughts?
-e
Sponsored

TShazam

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tundra
Cool idea- can you send pics of what you're talking about? Mine hasn't come in yet or I would check it myself :cry:

jewc75

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Z06 12 Mustang 22 Maverick 93 Lightning 19 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Alot of work for someone to just unbolt the cubby and take it lol. I mean it takes seconds to unbolt it.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why not leave your wallet, keys, and phone in the truck and use the door keypad to lock/unlock the truck?
Or just never leave things in your vehicle if you don't want to lose them? I sure as hell don't!

Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or just never leave things in your vehicle if you don't want to lose them? I sure as hell don't!
I mean, he did say at the beach. I doubt he wants to go surfing with his keys and phone in his pocket, or left in the open on the beach. Same goes for going cycling, running, etc.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mean, he did say at the beach. I doubt he wants to go surfing with his keys and phone in his pocket, or left in the open on the beach. Same goes for going cycling, running, etc.
They make waterproof bags and whatnot for that. I just mean personally, I would not feel comfortable leaving the keys and other things in my vehicle when I'm out. If I'm leaving my car in a public place, I'll have my license, keys, and a debit/credit card with me, and plan ahead to not have to hide these things. People are awful and nothing is sacred!

OP
OP

ArtForMoney

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford F-150
I forgot about the keypad entry! I came from an all manual pickup and haven’t gotten used to that.
Regarding the cubby: It shouldn’t be too hard to swap the hatch bolts for one-way heads like on bathroom stalls. That was what I was thinking and didn’t list.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought about a locking cover but with the locking hard trifold tonneau cover don’t think I will need it.
Sponsored