First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious if anybody with a full size bed rug has used a bike tailgate pad. Looks like a few slits in the rug would be needed to loop and secure the straps.
I’m a cyclist too, but am very particular about how I transport my bike. For me, I use tie down straps in the front and back of the bed. I don’t like tailgate covers, as I don’t want to take a chance on dents and scratches that may happen by accident.
Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really like my bed rug

MaxMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT hybrid, 18 Volt, 07MX5 PRHT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
our 22 xlt with lux pkg has the spray-in bed liner. I have a rough country rubber bed mat too. I'll use an inexpensive woven poly tarp if I need to be able to slide a load easily. It should also work well for small loads of sand/gravel by draping the tarp over the sides, front and tailgate.

claytone

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy Colorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I currently have a bed rug on my Chevy Colorado. It’s great for household goods/furniture moving etc. That being said, it is an absolute nightmare when hauling yard waste. Sticks and leaves will be stuck in there for months.

Surpher

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daveed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maveric hybrid lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i’ve had a bed rug for 10 months, it’s great. The tailgate has straps that can slip around the side edge of the bed rug or you can cut slits like you’re suggesting.
Ford Maverick Bed rug 41694773-4357-4B6C-8EF0-F9E20E7C2B84

Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't (won't) use a bike tailgate pad to transport my e-bikes for two reasons:
  1. The main electrical wiring "pass-through" runs under the down-tube of the frame, almost exactly where it would rest on the tailgate. Don't want to risk damaging that wire bundle - it would be $$$ expensive to replace!
  2. Don't want to risk scratches to the tailgate - even with the "pad" there's friction, and where there's friction, scratches are possible.
I find it pretty easy to just use the existing tie-downs and ratchet straps to hold the bike upright and locked into position. My bike it long enough that the tailgate has to be down for it to fit.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I plan to just keep some moving pads under the back seat for when I need to worry about scratches. I am not a truck guy, and defer to current truck guys' thoughts here.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
has anyone used a DIBL with the bedrug? i am trying to decide if i should get the DIBL and bedrug combo because the DIBL has the cutouts for the cubbies in the back. the full bedrug liner does not have the cut outs for the cubbies.

https://bedrug.com/bedrug-classic-bedliners/2022/ford/maverick
Just a personal preference, and a suggestion for you. I don’t like DIBLers. They are extremely slippery, water can underneath, and may crack in time as the plastic dries out from UV rays. Why not just get a SIBL? I have a SIBL in my Lariat and I bought a bed rug from Real Truck. If you mention that you’re a member of MTC, they’ll give you an additional discount. There are two slits toward the front on each side of the bed, which allow you to pull up the tie down rings through. I love the bed rug!!

Ford Maverick Bed rug 24E5583F-868C-42C4-80E9-2DBEB193A2A3

Boomerang

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 xl hybrid base on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is 14 year old bed rug. It’s had 175 loads of logs /split firewood, pigs, calves, goats, wood chips, etc and has really held up well. Only thing it really didn’t like is the pitch fork if you angle it to low it will go r right through. I’m a huge fan and would say for the average maverick user it will easily outlive the truck.

Ford Maverick Bed rug 87ECA1A8-CFE2-4F0D-9338-3D8FD7334F25

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I really like my BedRug. Impact version.
It fills in all the ridges in the bed to give a flat surface that will support heavy things.

Fit was perfect.
Texture is perfect. Not too slippery. Not too rubbery. Ideal (I think).

A little soft but relatively firm.
I think it looks great.

Only negative is: the velcro adhesive is insufficient. I did the proper surface prep. Followed directions to a Tee.

The supplied Velcro is not going to hold this in. Save yourself some time. Plan for improved method before you install so you only have to do it once. I'm doing it twice in 3 months.

Ford Maverick Bed rug 1671250487811

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

P.S.
It ships rolled like a carpet roll.

DO NOT FOLD IT. not even under it's own weight. I GENTLY let mine fold over onto itself for like 10 minutes and it left a faint but perceptible crease.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I really like my BedRug. Impact version.
It fills in all the ridges in the bed to give a flat surface that will support heavy things.

Fit was perfect.
Texture is perfect. Not too slippery. Not too rubbery. Ideal (I think).

A little soft but relatively firm.
I think it looks great.

Only negative is: the velcro adhesive is insufficient. I did the proper surface prep. Followed directions to a Tee.

The supplied Velcro is not going to hold this in. Save yourself some time. Plan for improved method before you install so you only have to do it once. I'm doing it twice in 3 months.

1671250487811.jpeg
You have the same bed rug as I do. I turned mine upside down for about an hour to let it flatten out. I like the way it covers the space between the tailgate and the bed. So far, so good, mine has stayed in place w/o the velcro coming off, but the only thing I hauled in there since installing is my son's e-bike.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I actually drove around with cinder blocks holding it down for the first week to let it flatten (after being held like a carpet roll for who knows how long.... it had some "memory" to it). Still, the velcro is not sticking to the truck. The velcro is sewn to the beg rug. That should be permanent. I have SIBL which is like Teflon I guess.

Yes I used sand paper, then alcohol, then the extra sticky glue surface prep, did it on a 77 deg day. Still no luck. Others have reported same.

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I actually drove around with cinder blocks holding it down for the first week to let it flatten (after being held like a carpet roll for who knows how long.... it had some "memory" to it). Still, the velcro is not sticking to the truck. The velcro is sewn to the beg rug. That should be permanent. I have SIBL which is like Teflon I guess.

Yes I used sand paper, then alcohol, then the extra sticky glue surface prep, did it on a 77 deg day. Still no luck. Others have reported same.
Man that's disappointing, and I wasn't even planning to use sand paper.
Sponsored