AWD will get loose with traction control off

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
I was making a U-turn and decided to see how it behaved with all 4 breaking traction. It handled pretty well. Broke the back end loose while first nailing the gas. About halfway through the apex, the front broke loose, then caught traction and started pulling. Not bad for a little canoe.
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Front.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are Mavericks FWD or RWD biased?
I'm not sure if all models have it, but on my FX4 there is a traction screen. While driving normal only the front wheels are under power. If I punch it on dry pavement, the back wheels kick in to full power also.

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not sure if all models have it, but on my FX4 there is a traction screen. While driving normal only the front wheels are under power. If I punch it on dry pavement, the back wheels kick in to full power also.
My guess would be this is a unique screen for the 6.5 inch version. My 2019 ranger had the 4.2 inch screen and did not have anything similar to this feature, and it was an FX4 as well. I love the upgraded screen, one of the main reasons I went for the FX4 package (that and it looks great).

Reactions: Mav
OP
OP
Mav

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
Most are front wheel biased until traction is lost. But if you push hard out of the gate you can usually get all 4 spinning
Sponsored