AWD ECOBOOST trip 7.3 L/100km

lam__chops

First Name
Leigha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.0 Maverick Lariat
Thought I’d share my best trip yet in my AWD 2.0 ecoboost maverick. Drove around Quebec a bit and then home to the Toronto area. Keep in mind that this is the lowest mileage I’ve seen so far for a trip in the Mav. It was exciting to see lol.

For the record, this was driving in Eco-mode and I always turn OFF the start/stop feature.

(I was the passenger for the 2nd half of the trip home.. wasn’t driving when I took this pic when we were 5 mins from home)

Ford Maverick AWD ECOBOOST trip 7.3 L/100km AEBFF184-B39D-483C-B36A-6A04CA960D28
Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why do you turn off the auto stop start feature

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That's very good. I'm generally getting 7.8L/100km (30.16 US mpg/36.22 Imp mpg) for the 1090km I've driven since I got it with a ratio of 70% highway to 30% city.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lam__chops

lam__chops

First Name
Leigha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.0 Maverick Lariat
That's very good. I'm generally getting 7.8L/100km for the 1000km I've driven since I got it with a ratio of 70% highway to 30% city.
I’m usually mid to high 8’s for the average on a full tank. I’d say I’m usually 60% highway 40% city

OP
OP
lam__chops

lam__chops

First Name
Leigha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.0 Maverick Lariat
Why do you turn off the auto stop start feature
With every piece of mechanical equipment I’ve studied (turbines, pumps, motors, engines, compressors, chillers etc) the most wear & tear on the equipment is during startup & shutdown. I believe the whole auto start/stop feature is to save a bit on gas and for companies to promote fuel efficiency in their vehicles & so vehicles aren’t idling as much, causing unnecessary emissions when sitting idle.

Maybe i’m wrong in my logic but I personally couldn’t care less to save a bit of gas if it means it’s just continuously racking up the # of starts each trip on my engine. I want it to last as long as possible.

Sponsored

hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With every piece of mechanical equipment I’ve studied (turbines, pumps, motors, engines, compressors, chillers etc) the most wear & tear on the equipment is during startup & shutdown. I believe the whole auto start/stop feature is to save a bit on gas and for companies to promote fuel efficiency in their vehicles & so vehicles aren’t idling as much, causing unnecessary emissions when sitting idle.

Maybe i’m wrong in my logic but I personally couldn’t care less to save a bit of gas if it means it’s just continuously racking up the # of starts each trip on my engine. I want it to last as long as possible.
This is exactly why I will be using a disabler for the start/stop feature. It is harder on an engine when the cylinders are dry and harder on the starter to have to repeatedly start an engine during a drive.

OP
OP
lam__chops

lam__chops

First Name
Leigha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.0 Maverick Lariat
I think yours is broken, those number are just gibberish....

o_O:ROFLMAO:
This is exactly why I will be using a disabler for the start/stop feature. It is harder on an engine when the cylinders are dry and harder on the starter to have to repeatedly start an engine during a drive.
I’ve been considering that disabler and was originally planning to get it, but now I don’t mind just clicking the button upon startup. I already select the drive mode to Eco every time so it’s kinda just muscle memory at this point lol. Maybe I’ll get it someday

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Its soft start technology though. Like do what you want. But its not the same as turning your key to off every time you stop your car then re-engaging your starter lol if youre familiar with pumps and motors its should be closer to a VF drive than a cold start 🤷‍♂️ but hey. its your truck lol ps. Turbiness are a weird thing to start your list with lol there is nothing on your maverick thats anything like a turbine 😂

OP
OP
lam__chops

lam__chops

First Name
Leigha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.0 Maverick Lariat
As
Its soft start technology though. Like do what you want. But its not the same as turning your key to off every time you stop your car then re-engaging your starter lol if youre familiar with pumps and motors its should be closer to a VF drive than a cold start 🤷‍♂️ but hey. its your truck lol ps. Turbiness are a weird thing to start your list with lol there is nothing on your maverick thats anything like a turbine 😂
As far as I’m concerned, it’s unnecessary starts & stops. I’d rather prevent multiple starts/stops every single trip. Just my own preference. The list was in no specific order. As far as turbines, I do have the EB so technically yeah, there are some similarities there with the turbocharger.
My entire point was that mechanical equipment gets the most wear/tear/stress during startup and shutdown. I’ll continue to turn off my auto start/stop every trip to reduce my overall amount of starts drastically. Not going to force anyone to agree with my logic. People can do as they wish 🙂
Sponsored