First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please don't lash out at me for this post!
Like many, I have hit a rough patch financially and only have a month or so until my Maverick arrives. Since I have my VIN# I requested a quote from AutoNation to see what they might give me, just in case I can't keep it. The thought is, do I take possession of it and turn it around without going under or consider walking away now. BTW, my trade-in just died too.
If the AutoNation offer is any indication, I would go under. The out the door price for my build will be $29,500; AutoNation has offered me $26,500 cash. I truly plan to take possession and cross my fingers my situation works itself out soon. Worst case scenerio I lose a few thousand in the process.
c'est la vie.
Sponsored

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could turn around and list here or elsewhere and make more than the AutoNation offer, especially if it is a hybrid model.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds about right for a normal market of a couple years ago.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh you can get way more than that. Try CarMax. They tend to give the best offers.

Also, my salesman (good guy, I trust him) told me if I didn't want my Maverick, that I should take it anyway. He said bring it back the very next day and they'd hand me several grand over purchase - enough to cover taxes, etc. He said they have brokers pestering them constantly trying to land Mavericks at well over MSRP. He said if I give up my order, I'm walking away from instant money.

You have to get more than you paid for taxes, registration, fees, which is what, maybe $2,000 on a Maverick. But you can do that and land a tidy little profit in the current market.

Sponsored

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Writing is on the wall. There is no shortage of used vehicles. Internet dealers have been overpaying for a year and a half now. They are going to start being more realistic as the runaway inflation and energy prices that are going to keep going, up along with world uncertainty throws us into a recession. They better start moving some of that metal, or get caught with big interest payments.

TMAC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick & 94 Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buyers make value ! NO BUYERS??? NO VALUE !!! (we need to let the gas companies know this) I shopped five different Vending Machine auto sellers, Vroom "PAID" a thousand more for my Civic than the others offered. My favorite song is by "THE Miracles,,, SHOP AROUND".

Mag Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish you were closer I buy your Truck tax ,title ,licence everything . Put your name and my name on registration. If Ford would let that happen I get a truck and don't have to wait until when to get my truck but like others said you can probably make so good coin selling it to carmax or your dealer . I wish you very good luck and hope the bad spell your going through get over very soon do take care Brother Mag🍀👍💲🍀

gman62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport to Maverick?
Im confused, you are looking to buy the truck and then turn around right away and make money on it? Hopefully? I would think if your having money problems, dont buy the truck. Its not worth it just to make a couple dollars....maybe?

onthedrums

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 F-150 XLT, '99 F-250 Super Duty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Writing is on the wall. There is no shortage of used vehicles. Internet dealers have been overpaying for a year and a half now. They are going to start being more realistic as the runaway inflation and energy prices that are going to keep going, up along with world uncertainty throws us into a recession. They better start moving some of that metal, or get caught with big interest payments.
Ford Maverick AutoNation Low Ball Offer images (7)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Randy H.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Im confused, you are looking to buy the truck and then turn around right away and make money on it? Hopefully? I would think if your having money problems, dont buy the truck. Its not worth it just to make a couple dollars....maybe?
Not exactly, of course I want my Maverick, just curious how much I would take it in the shorts if I have to turn it over. Not intending to flip for “a few $”; Even if break even would great.

Cobra

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Like many, I have hit a rough patch financially and only have a month or so until my Maverick arrives. Since I have my VIN# I requested a quote from AutoNation to see what they might give me, just in case I can't keep it. The thought is, do I take possession of it and turn it around without going under or consider walking away now. BTW, my trade-in just died too.
If the AutoNation offer is any indication, I would go under. The out the door price for my build will be $29,500; AutoNation has offered me $26,500 cash. I truly plan to take possession and cross my fingers my situation works itself out soon. Worst case scenerio I lose a few thousand in the process.
c'est la vie.
You could try putting it on craigslist and Facebook marketplace now at a much higher price To see what response you get. I just did this, as I don't know if I'm going to keepmy Maverick, Which I haven't gotten yet.
My outdoor price was about 24000 and I listed it for 32000 and got over a dozen responses. I would think you would want to take it home from the dealer withou titling it, so you would not have to pay sales tax.. I think

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
c'est la vie.
If you’ve hit a rough patch financially why would you buy a new vehicle?

Cliffmcmurphy

First Name
Cliff McMurphy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Get that new Maverick and immediately put it for sale at $3000 over sticker and see how lomg it takes to nab a buyer.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Get that new Maverick and immediately put it for sale at $3000 over sticker and see how lomg it takes to nab a buyer.
Yeah, that 3k should cover the taxes, title, license, dealer fees, wasted time, storage, insurance, and either interest costs on the money or lost opportunity cost on the money very well.
Sponsored