Sponsored

Area 51 or Atlas Blue ?

Which is the best blue for my 2023 maverick. ?

• Total voters

Taxicag

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
which is the best blue on the maverick.

comments on why you think your choice is best please as I would love your opinion.

thanks to the voters so far, Atlas. BLue 2 to 1 on Area 51…. Keep them coming.. ford blues are some of the best colors of any company in my opinion.

most of the comments are for Atlas, but the vote is now closing the gap, speak up 51ers..

Because I added the Alto as a color a few days late, I don’t see that it counts in the vote percentage, I didn’t give it a fair chance. It may have worked as a bit of a spoiler, but don’t think it distorted percentages much.. I am surprised by how close the vote is though. I woul be very intrigued if age played into it. I will admit, I’m enjoying all your comments and feedback. .. we all agree, great colors. Well done ford, And voters keep up the good work.. comments please…
Sponsored

Last edited:

atlasbluedude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Buick LeSabre
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Atlas blue for me. It reminds me of the blue on my old ranger, so I guess it's more nostalgic. I blacked out the wheels on that truck so I'm going with black appearance package..... I really liked that truck.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first choice for my 22 was velocity blue. So if I were to have a choice this year it would be Atlas blue. Reminds me of my 16 Escape.

OP
OP
Taxicag

Taxicag

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Atlas blue for me. It reminds me of the blue on my old ranger, so I guess it's more nostalgic. I blacked out the wheels on that truck so I'm going with black appearance package..... I really liked that truck.
velocity blue was awesome, that was the color of my 2022, now my 2023 is on order wanted opinions from the club.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Taxicag

Taxicag

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the votes, keep them coming, have a 2023 on order and really need opinions.

OP
OP
Taxicag

Taxicag

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first truck was a ranger, fantastic truck, made me a ford guy.

Nugget

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Atlas Blue on my Maverick, Area 51 on my Bronco. Going for my beach cruiser look on the 2 door.

OP
OP
Taxicag

Taxicag

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Atlas. I do not like this trend towards pastel colors like Area 51
I will admit, pastels don’t tickle my taste either, but wanted other opinions to see if I was blinkered. Thanks..

OP
OP
Taxicag

Taxicag

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Atlas Blue on my Maverick, Area 51 on my Bronco. Going for my beach cruiser look on the 2 door.
I can see that. The bronco has less visible paint and more “stuff” to break up the color, so I can see 51 on the bronco.. thanks.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Own an Accord, ordering XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will admit, pastels don’t tickle my taste either, but wanted other opinions to see if I was blinkered. Thanks..
Sounds to me like you have made up your mind. That said, I think area 51 might be the ugliest color I have seen on a vehicle. I cannot stand the look.

mavn00b

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
velocity blue was awesome, that was the color of my 2022, now my 2023 is on order wanted opinions from the club.
Yooo Taxicag what the HECK kind of build is in your prof pic

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Sounds to me like you have made up your mind. That said, I think area 51 might be the ugliest color I have seen on a vehicle. I cannot stand the look.
I agree. To even call it an actual color seems to be a bit of a stretch to me. It seems to be another shade of gray with a bit of a tint to it.

Paint chipping seems to be a potential problem on the Maverick and I would also think that a non-metallic paint would tend to show chips a lot more.

One advantage of atlas blue is that you stand a better chance to be able to find your car in a large parking lot which seems to be almost all gray-scale cars now. I think I read that something like 80% of new cars are somewhere on the gray scale.
Sponsored