Sponsored

Are there any live cams on Ford assembly lines?

G Grampa Duey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Galaxy, '14 T rod, '22 XLT hot pepper.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone run across live cameras in the Ford plants? Any way of finding one on our assembly line?
Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Anyone run across live cameras in the Ford plants? Any way of finding one on our assembly line?
I can’t imagine Ford doing that. Not saying it wouldn’t be interesting, but that degree of transparency could be a legal nightmare because of all kinds of things possibly happening, from visible constraint issues on the fiscal side to potential industrial accidents on the other.

OP
OP
G Grampa Duey

G Grampa Duey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Galaxy, '14 T rod, '22 XLT hot pepper.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Per Forbes.

"It seems inevitable that other vehicles will join houseboats in the Webcam parade. General Motors is considering using Webcams on its Web site to let car and truck buyers watch their custom-ordered cars and trucks heading down the assembly line."

BMW has it now. And Corvette plant somewhere has cam showing fresh builds coming out the back door, and vette haulers leaving the yard.

but none for us. :(

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Per Forbes.

"It seems inevitable that other vehicles will join houseboats in the Webcam parade. General Motors is considering using Webcams on its Web site to let car and truck buyers watch their custom-ordered cars and trucks heading down the assembly line."

BMW has it now. And Corvette plant somewhere has cam showing fresh builds coming out the back door, and vette haulers leaving the yard.

but none for us. :(
Pay vette and BMW prices, get Ford views?

interesting concept following a particular build as with BMW. I can see even the loading of a Maverick every minute in a loading zone. Those are different than what I thought was being asked. My thought was a camera showing different locations of an assembly plant in operation for general viewing.

Last edited:

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pay vette and BMW prices, get Ford views?

interesting concept following a particular build as with BMW. I can see even the loading of a Maverick every minute in a loading zone. Those are different than what I thought was being asked. My thought was a camera showing different locations of an assembly plant in operation for general viewing.
Yeah, a narrow view of the loading area might be okay, but we shouldn't expect anything glamorous. Some of the low-cost of the Maverick can be attributed to building it in a third-world country, which ain't always pretty. Then again, we have some rough -looking industrial areas too.

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm all for that even if it's not my specific Maverick it would be fun to watch one go down the line.
Sponsored