Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with this, which is why I will not buy the EB. Direct injection engine, which means it will need the "walnut shell" treatment at around 50k. Also, never saw a turbo that eventually did not have problems.
My direct injection 2.0 in my focus has a shade under 200k and it's still perfect. Mpg hasn't changed at all and performance hasn't seemed to change. Uses less than a qt of oil between changes every 15k miles. It needed 2 new vvt solenoids at 120k, but those were easy to replace and like $13 each.

Personally, I think redlining it a few times per tank of gas helps keep it clean inside (at least that's what I tell myself).

Maybe turbo engines are different?
Sponsored

Jimd57

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Dodge Dakota
Really, got a percentage or is it from the 5 posts you've seen after 10's of thousands have been delivered already?
I haven't had any issues with my XLT Hybrid with 3000 miles on it. Built in Jan 22 delivered Mar 10,22 so far so good 2 recalls one about drilling some holes in a pan in case of an oil leak and for a side air bag they don't have.

Gunnar88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My direct injection 2.0 in my focus has a shade under 200k and it's still perfect. Mpg hasn't changed at all and performance hasn't seemed to change. Uses less than a qt of oil between changes every 15k miles. It needed 2 new vvt solenoids at 120k, but those were easy to replace and like $13 each.

Personally, I think redlining it a few times per tank of gas helps keep it clean inside (at least that's what I tell myself).

Maybe turbo engines are different?

Turbos are very different, they make a lot more power and stress the motor a lot more, plus the turbos themselves can and do have issues.

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I am curious, and this may kick a hornet's nest. But it qualitatively speaking it seems like there are more issues with the hybrids than the ecoboosts. Its to the point where I find myself reading posts and saying "thank goodness I didn't order a hybrid". But this could also be selective memory based upon the fact I did order an ecoboost. So is it just me, or are there way more issues with the hybrids than the ecoboosts? Is it to the point where one would say getting a hybrid is a problem vehicle?

Thoughts?
Only problem I see is you can't get one.
Sponsored