Sponsored

Anyone submit a Lemon law claim on their Maverick?

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone decide to submit a lemon law claim on their truck?
Im having wiring issue, now they are taking out the dash to replace the wire harness..
This does not instill lot of confidence for me in long term reliability of this truck…
Sponsored

18hawkeye

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im having wiring issue, now they are taking out the dash to replace the wire harness..
This does not instill lot of confidence for me in long term reliability of this truck…
Check out the thread for water leaks and mold. I suspect that there will be some lemons from that group (of which I am one).

The water issues are getting traction here and on Facebook, Reddit, and YouTube. The mold complaints will eventually make it to NHTSA due to health hazards.

No confidence in the Maverick for sure!

ELGIN KENNY

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD MAVERICK 2022 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called a lemon Law lawyer in Illinois I was told most cases are thrown out of court but in other states the law works as it was intended. I have had a battery power drain issue since I got the truck basically have to jump it every time it sits over 19 hours and dealer is clueless. I am working towards getting assigned a regional service engineer to look into the reason before I attempt lemon law.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although not my Maverick, I had to Lemon Law a previous vehicle.

A few things to note:
1. Always be courteous. Kindness gets you further with getting the buyback approved.
2. Know the requirements in your state. I see this is in Washington state. Here is a reference:
General Lemon Law | Washington State
3. In this case, the things to note are the number of 'reasonable number of attempts' and how long it has been out of service for this issue. For some issues, this requires at least four attempts to repair as noted on the page linked above, but some only need one attempt if its a safety defect.

If you can clearly state how the vehicle qualifies for buyback, such as "I have taken it to the dealership six times to try and resolve this issue" or "it has been out of service for over 60 days", this makes it clear and expedites the process. You will need some papers handy to send to them when you open the case.

When you call Ford Customer Service to start the process, they will open a case, verify your vehicle service records to see that it does comply with your state's lemon law requirements and your statement, and then make a decision. This is usually pretty quick. They will ask you for some paperwork (Sales Contract/Bill of Sale, Purchase Agreement/Invoice, Registration & Driver’s License, Loan Payment History, and Payoff Letter), send you an offer, then coordinate the buyback if its approved.

The longest part will be trying to schedule the buyback itself. Note that the offer amount may vary based on mileage on the vehicle as they will deduct for wear & tear on it.

mhw21zap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called a lemon Law lawyer in Illinois I was told most cases are thrown out of court but in other states the law works as it was intended. I have had a battery power drain issue since I got the truck basically have to jump it every time it sits over 19 hours and dealer is clueless. I am working towards getting assigned a regional service engineer to look into the reason before I attempt lemon law.
Hello, I have a similar issue. 2023 XLT Hybrid with less than 2,000 miles on it. I've had 2 dead batteries in the 5 weeks of ownership, multiple deep sleep notifications, and most recently had a new 12V battery installed. I have only had to jump it 2x, though, so slightly different than yours. However, our time frame is similar where even if I drive it all day, usually by the following morning I am up against the same issue. My 12V battery meter reading this morning showed 11.19V after a full day of driving in 80F weather yesterday.

Have you had the wiring harness replaced? Or any other attempts by the dealer as of yet?

I love this truck, it terrifies me having to think about getting rid of it, but - I can't accept a brand new car that is always on the brink of leaving me stranded.

18hawkeye

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2022 Hot Pepper Lariat has been in the Ford repair shop for 19 days today. It only has 1294 miles on it.

It was raining INSIDE the truck and now there is mold. Every surface was wet. Both attorneys that I have spoken with so far want my case. I am in California. One attorney is in Southern California and the other is in Northern California. Both attorneys realize that there are a lot of water problems with the 2022 year. I’m not sure if they sense a class action.

There are many water issues with the 2022 Maverick. It might become a recall. NHTSA will be involved soon if they aren’t already. I know that NHTSA is aware of the leaking and mold problems.

If Ford doesn’t comply with NHTSA then they turn it over to Rob Bonta, the California Attorney General. NHTSA is presently taking complaints about water issues and mold.

One of the attorneys that I spoke with said Ford definitely knows about the water problems. The issues need to become a recall because all of the local complaints will not bring it to the forefront.

ELGIN KENNY

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD MAVERICK 2022 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello, I have a similar issue. 2023 XLT Hybrid with less than 2,000 miles on it. I've had 2 dead batteries in the 5 weeks of ownership, multiple deep sleep notifications, and most recently had a new 12V battery installed. I have only had to jump it 2x, though, so slightly different than yours. However, our time frame is similar where even if I drive it all day, usually by the following morning I am up against the same issue. My 12V battery meter reading this morning showed 11.19V after a full day of driving in 80F weather yesterday.

Have you had the wiring harness replaced? Or any other attempts by the dealer as of yet?

I love this truck, it terrifies me having to think about getting rid of it, but - I can't accept a brand new car that is always on the brink of leaving me stranded.
Well after 6 trips to 2 different dealers and no answers I decided to try something new. I putty keys in a meta box, Shut off bluetooth, apple play, wifi, everything in the truck and now for the last week I have full power. I think the truck is searching for connection and was draining my battery. I just click everything back on when I leave the house. Give it a try !

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you ever get your battery drain issue fixed? I have a very similar issue with my 2023 Maverick Hybrid. My dealer replaced a 300 amp fuse per SSM 51598 and it worked for 4 days, but my battery drain issue just returned. I’ve only had my maverick for a few months and put 2800 miles on it.
Sponsored