Sponsored

Anyone install a Tonneau Cover with a Hard Drop in Bedliner?

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was thinking of ordering this bed cover for my Mav:

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...ding-over-the-rails-tonneau-cover-for-4-5-bed

But, I noticed that my drop in bedliner takes up a lot of space under the rim of the bed where the clamps are supposed to go and I'm not quite sure if they will fit. The instruction guides don't mention any compatibility issues with the drop in bedliner so I was just curious if anyone has done it.

Also, does anyone know if the TruXedo soft roll up bed cover is waterproof?
Sponsored

st3v

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am wondering this as well. Ford lets you order tonneau covers with DIBL, but I am not sure where the drains go. I am curious to see a factory install of a Ford OEM tonneau cover with the DIBL.

Nightwatchman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT AWD Lux Pkg and Copilot
I just got my XLT AWD with lux package and copilot. The spray in bed liner was replaced with a hard drop in. I bought a Bak Flip MX4 hard trifold tonneau and I installed it with no modifications to the factory drop in bed liner.

The only issue is where to route the drain tubes. I’m thinking about in between the bed liner and the bed somehow or extending the tubes to the tailgate. I also may be able to snake it somehow in the bed corners on the cab side of the bed like you could do on the spray in…. see the Long McArthur youtube video on tonneau cover installation. As of now they’re just hanging down on the bed.

bob_vic

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
https://bakindustries.com/revolver-x4s

I installed this one today with a drop in bed liner. No issues another than 1/4 inch gap from the back of the cab to start of the liner. Not sure if I messed it up, manufacturing issues, or that’s just the way it’s supposed to be

Hogman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was thinking of ordering this bed cover for my Mav:

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...ding-over-the-rails-tonneau-cover-for-4-5-bed

But, I noticed that my drop in bedliner takes up a lot of space under the rim of the bed where the clamps are supposed to go and I'm not quite sure if they will fit. The instruction guides don't mention any compatibility issues with the drop in bedliner so I was just curious if anyone has done it.

Also, does anyone know if the TruXedo soft roll up bed cover is waterproof?
I installed a Undercover cover with no problems. I checked a Maverick with sprayed in bedliner and drilled holes where they had plugs for the drain tubes. No problems.

Sponsored

Superchunk

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a truxedo hard roll up and installed easily.

spencerg09

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I installed the roll-up cover mentioned in the original post with a factory spray-in bedliner. clamps work just fine for me!

mine is about 95% waterproof, just make sure to install the included seal on the front where the bed and cover meet

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed the hard tri-fold from Kikito (Amazon @<$500). It hasn’t been in the rain yet so I don’t know if I’ll need to add some weather stripping. It’s not a sleek looking cover, but it meets my needs.

Funfishhunter

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick LXT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just got my hard tonneau cover, and of course today is a high wind day so I will have to wait until tomorrow to install. It is made by Pensun, has a 400 lb capacity on top of it. $359 with tax, 3 day shipping and bought through ebay.
Will let you know when I install it how easy, I also have the hdil.
Sponsored