Icanhazmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone have a flush mount/low profile hard tri-fold tonneau cover with this bed extender? Hoping there's enough clearance.
Sponsored

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It should clear. Mine is 2 inches below the bed rails.

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It as should fit. Mine sits 2 inches below the bed rails

Rthompson10

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none yet- shopping
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For $179 on Amazon (Link—>Universal Bed Extender purchased the mid-size version), this fits very nice and I like it better than the stock extender. Has more space but still plenty solid, very light and looks to be short enough to fit a top (we have the Truxedo Sentry CT I am installing next week). A lot if not most of what I show here on install would also apply to the Ford/Lund Bed Extender. Oh yeah - you can see where I had to cut out access on the DIBL because the Hermisillo folks don’t do it (they should)….

Have not seen a thread that shows this installed or talks about the install so figured a short thread with pictures would help a few here. When you order, you get 3 sections of tubing - 3 left curved, 3 right curved and 3 straight sections that will insert into the left and right and be adjusted to the size of the bed (slide them into the left and right tubing). Quality looks good, stainless and aluminum with plastic verticals and good mounts (mounts are solid).

To install, you will need to go to hardware store and get 6 bolts, 6 fender washers and 6 lock nuts. You can choose to use the stainless sheet metal screws they provide but I would not and did not. To install the mount it is the same as Ford/Lund - drop tailgate, remove the two bolts securing the taillight an pull out to free up the two angled tabs towards the front - then disconnect the electric connection and put the light aside. What you are left with is something like below - note that the Ford Hermisillo factor left bare metal and primer overspray. I need to get some primer and over up the bare metal - Poor QC:

57462485-F98A-4F1E-AAE7-2AF08EB6A0B3.jpeg

Your only access is through those small rectangular holes. I used my fingers and locking needle nose to put the fender washers on then put on the nuts while threading them from the head with an electric screwdriver. A ratcheting wrench with swing head makes it easy(ier) to secure the nylock nut. One item to note - the left anything you drop falls onto the ground as the exhaust is right below and bottom not covered. Right side of truck there is a cover that will ’eat’ dropped washers and nuts so have spares. Other than being a bit “fiddly” as the Brits say, straightforward.

One item to note - you will adjust the width once both mounts are in place. I had to use a rubber mallet to make small “adjustments” at the end. My suggest is to play the straight sections in one side, then use the mallet to drive them as far as they will go and make sure in evenly. Then place the other side into the 3 straight tubes and adjust roughly to fit. I pretty much adjust as small as it would go wrapping up with the mallet. My fit was roughly 1/8” too wide at the mount which was perfect - it tensions the tube when you press to fit in the mounts. Then it swings freely from bed to the tailgate. The extender uses stainless pins to secure the mount points to the bed which I like - very straightforward.

You then add the vertical “bounce” points as you see below which are adjustable - I may adjust mine wider at some point, but this works well right now. The bungee straps that snap into the gate lock points work great but I may just change out for regular straps not a fan of the bungee. Other than that - looks great, and looks like it is low enough and won’t interfere with my rails or top for the Truxedo Sentry CT. Will update when I get it installed.

Pics:
C565B239-4BD7-439F-A4D7-6B4AEF579FEE.jpeg

8E2BB4E4-7092-4A7B-BD3A-F3F479E55A64.jpeg

5D8F3851-DE0B-43B7-AB82-6A141859AD91.jpeg

F78CDC77-AE3D-406A-9E3D-DC31F9D47B2E.jpeg

87293942-90FB-4EFC-A767-944E29FD23D0.jpeg
Great write up. Helps a lot. Question about dimensions. with tailgate up and extender in bed how deep is extender from tailgate? How wide is the straight portion before it begins to curve? Satisfied with it after a year plus?

24MAVXLT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For $179 on Amazon (Link—>Universal Bed Extender purchased the mid-size version), this fits very nice and I like it better than the stock extender. Has more space but still plenty solid, very light and looks to be short enough to fit a top (we have the Truxedo Sentry CT I am installing next week). A lot if not most of what I show here on install would also apply to the Ford/Lund Bed Extender. Oh yeah - you can see where I had to cut out access on the DIBL because the Hermisillo folks don’t do it (they should)….

Have not seen a thread that shows this installed or talks about the install so figured a short thread with pictures would help a few here. When you order, you get 3 sections of tubing - 3 left curved, 3 right curved and 3 straight sections that will insert into the left and right and be adjusted to the size of the bed (slide them into the left and right tubing). Quality looks good, stainless and aluminum with plastic verticals and good mounts (mounts are solid).

To install, you will need to go to hardware store and get 6 bolts, 6 fender washers and 6 lock nuts. You can choose to use the stainless sheet metal screws they provide but I would not and did not. To install the mount it is the same as Ford/Lund - drop tailgate, remove the two bolts securing the taillight an pull out to free up the two angled tabs towards the front - then disconnect the electric connection and put the light aside. What you are left with is something like below - note that the Ford Hermisillo factor left bare metal and primer overspray. I need to get some primer and over up the bare metal - Poor QC:

57462485-F98A-4F1E-AAE7-2AF08EB6A0B3.jpeg

Your only access is through those small rectangular holes. I used my fingers and locking needle nose to put the fender washers on then put on the nuts while threading them from the head with an electric screwdriver. A ratcheting wrench with swing head makes it easy(ier) to secure the nylock nut. One item to note - the left anything you drop falls onto the ground as the exhaust is right below and bottom not covered. Right side of truck there is a cover that will ’eat’ dropped washers and nuts so have spares. Other than being a bit “fiddly” as the Brits say, straightforward.

One item to note - you will adjust the width once both mounts are in place. I had to use a rubber mallet to make small “adjustments” at the end. My suggest is to play the straight sections in one side, then use the mallet to drive them as far as they will go and make sure in evenly. Then place the other side into the 3 straight tubes and adjust roughly to fit. I pretty much adjust as small as it would go wrapping up with the mallet. My fit was roughly 1/8” too wide at the mount which was perfect - it tensions the tube when you press to fit in the mounts. Then it swings freely from bed to the tailgate. The extender uses stainless pins to secure the mount points to the bed which I like - very straightforward.

You then add the vertical “bounce” points as you see below which are adjustable - I may adjust mine wider at some point, but this works well right now. The bungee straps that snap into the gate lock points work great but I may just change out for regular straps not a fan of the bungee. Other than that - looks great, and looks like it is low enough and won’t interfere with my rails or top for the Truxedo Sentry CT. Will update when I get it installed.

Pics:
C565B239-4BD7-439F-A4D7-6B4AEF579FEE.jpeg

8E2BB4E4-7092-4A7B-BD3A-F3F479E55A64.jpeg

5D8F3851-DE0B-43B7-AB82-6A141859AD91.jpeg

F78CDC77-AE3D-406A-9E3D-DC31F9D47B2E.jpeg

87293942-90FB-4EFC-A767-944E29FD23D0.jpeg
Love it , Great Job , oh yeah that came out Clean 🧼 Must have for my 24 MaV-House Hauler XLT . lol 😂
Sponsored