Sponsored

Am I crazy for putting in a different order now?

Put in a new order now or wait it out?

• Total voters

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't get what you want, then why order!
Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer didn't encourage me to swap from Hybrid. Despite also getting The Memo that was leaked here. It's one reason I like my dealer, instead other dealers we hear pitching EB stock units they know will arrive before Hybrids.

My partner pushed heavily for the 4k Tow + AWD just 1 day before the Hybrid news. So the Hybrid news was just nail in the coffin for us.

If I could get AWD + more tow out of the Hybrid, I would have stayed with it despite delays. Better MPGs -- and lower cost of the "standard" powertrain -- make more sense financially.

sseiler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV 4 XSE
Exactly what I want is a hybrid with a 4klb towing capacity!
Order exactly what you want… among the options available. I really want an AWD hybrid, which, like the 4K towing, is perfectly reasonable, but, for whatever reason, Ford decided not to go there.

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
to me its a toss-up, but my son talked me into awd,4k, fx4, changed saturday. no email.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
but it's already been moved to priority 02, and has been for at least three weeks.
Sigh - I would love to be stuck at priority 02 even for weeks - you are sooo close to getting what you want.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This place is going to go nuts if any of the actual test drive reviews published after embargo lifted even hint at a potential issue (no matter how common or trivial) on Mavericks.

Common sense says wait until you know exactly what you want to buy before ordering a big ticket item. Do it old skool- put your hands on an actual vehicle, test drive it, read all test articles and comparisons before deciding. Too much FOMO and buyer's remorse and scrambling to change orders isn't helpful and creates nothing but unnecessary stress IMO.
Sponsored