First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are two options for the tray style mats; One with carpeted mats and one without. My question is are the mats the same in both options?
Thanks
Sponsored

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never quite understood this ordering option. The Maverick comes standard with front carpet mats only. If you order the all weather mat set you get front and rear, and then remove the stock carpets to do with whatever you wish.
I don't know why anyone would want all weather mats with carpet laid over the top and/or why you would swap all weather for carpet each season.... ?????

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got the Ford Maverick branded ones. Picked up the car in May, live in Texas (so no snow, etc.) and am asking for WeatherTech mats for Christmas.

The factory ones aren't as good. My opinion only but suggest to get something other than the Ford ones.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Never quite understood this ordering option. The Maverick comes standard with front carpet mats only. If you order the all weather mat set you get front and rear, and then remove the stock carpets to do with whatever you wish.
I don't know why anyone would want all weather mats with carpet laid over the top and/or why you would swap all weather for carpet each season.... ?????
Rubber liners for winter, carpet mats for summer. Because some people prefer the look (feel?) of the carpet but want to protect the interior from winter snow and slush.

My liners stay in year round. Function beats form there IMHO.

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Smartliner, and like them a lot. They've caught everything I've thrown at them, and the carpet underneath is still like new.

To answer your question: Yes, Mats are the same. The only difference is if you get the carpeted in addition. With the carpeted mats, you don't get them for the rear.

Sponsored

HolyCow

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ecosport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the factory all weather mats, I think they are nice. Same style as my wife's Ecosport and they are good in the winter, they don't get slippery when they get wet.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw this video about 3D Mats' Kagu series mats and bought a set for my wife's Focus for her birthday on Aug 28. We are both really pleased with them so once (if) I get my Mav these are the ones I'm going for.

This company has mats sized for both Hybrid and Ecoboost. Choose your powerplant when adding to the shopping cart.

If you have any general questions about the Kagu mats, I'll endeavor to answer for you. (Just don't ask me about fitment in the Mav. You'll make me cry that I don't have one yet. ;) See the video for fitment in the Mav.)

Last edited:

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw this video about 3D Mats' Kagu series mats and bought a set for my wife's Focus for her birthday on Aug 28. We are both really pleased with them so once (if) I get my Mav these are the ones I'm going for.

This company has mats sized for both Hybrid and Ecoboost. Choose your powerplant when adding to the shopping cart.

If you have any general questions about the Kago mats, I'll endeavor to answer for you. (Just don't ask me about fitment in the Mav. You'll make me cry that I don't have one yet. ;) See the video for fitment in the Mav.)
I like the look of these and will be ordering as well.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you have any general questions about the Kago mats, I'll endeavor to answer for you. (Just don't ask me about fitment in the Mav. You'll make me cry that I don't have one yet. ;) See the video for fitment in the Mav.)
You sir, are a romance novel readers nightmare. ;)

Next year try a new set of kitchen knives with the block. That one about got me kicked out of the house.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the look of these and will be ordering as well.
Do yourself a favor and check Tuxmat also before making a decision. I have Smartliners only because Tuxmat did not have theirs available at the time.

Sponsored

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do yourself a favor and check Tuxmat also before making a decision. I have Smartliners only because Tuxmat did not have theirs available at the time.
Went to check those out as well. I see they mention clips included in the box....do the TuxMats need to be clipped in besides the OEM post on the floor??? They look nice as well.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went to check those out as well. I see they mention clips included in the box....do the TuxMats need to be clipped in besides the OEM post on the floor??? They look nice as well.
I think they are talking about clips using the factory fastener locations. I like the full footwell coverage that they provide.

Sembazuru

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, if buying now for the Mav Hybrid you'll still have to wait for TuxMat:
Ford Maverick All weather mats Q 2022-10-04 11_03_59-Ford Maverick Hybrid Custom Car Mats with Max Coverage _ TuxMat

For me, I'll have to see if TuxMats are available if/when I get my Mav this year (see my .sig).
Sponsored