Sponsored

Soggy Waffles

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
The Maverick is due out in 2022 calendar year right? Does that mean we might see Sync for only a year and then a switch to Android after just one model year?

OP
OP

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
The Maverick is due out in 2022 calendar year right? Does that mean we might see Sync for only a year and then a switch to Android after just one model year?
I'm thinking it will start in the upper tier vehicles & will trickle down to all vehicles after. So to your point id think the first year & maybe 2nd year models will still have Sync. Im fine with either as long as Apple Carplay is also an option. Also it wouldn't surprise me if its branded something like Ford Sync powered by Google.

KB8JXO`

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge
I'd be happier if it came with an infotainment center delete option. I can read maps, listen to FM stations and turn my "electronics" off when driving.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope this doesn't mean they wont have an Apple Carplay option...

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...1/ford-google-accelerate-auto-innovation.html
It does not mean that at all, you're confusing two different things. Android Auto is the equivalent of Apple Carplay. But this is referring to Android OS which is going to be the replacement for Sync 3 which is built on QNX from Blackberry. It has already been confirmed that Apple Carplay will be still be included.

Sponsored

OP
OP

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
It does not mean that at all, you're confusing two different things. Android Auto is the equivalent of Apple Carplay. But this is referring to Android OS which is going to be the replacement for Sync 3 which is built on QNX from Blackberry. It has already been confirmed that Apple Carplay will be still be included.
Yes i understand that its the OS only. I also know that Google & Apple don't play nice so i was wondering. I didn't see anything regarding Apple Carplay in the press release. Thanks for the helpful info.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Hope this doesn't mean they wont have an Apple Carplay option...

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...1/ford-google-accelerate-auto-innovation.html
This is just the OS that operates the entertainment unit. It’s free and you can modify it if you like (which is why the Android phone market is so fragmented)

My Honda Ridgeline has an entertainment unit that runs on Android OS. Even though I hate Google, it really doesn’t bother me bc all it needs to do is run the CarPlay interface, which is what I use for all the functionality.

Siri takes over the voice assist, and when connected you’re on iOS..
Sponsored