FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Newer Adaptive Cruise Control (Lariat Lux only I think) addresses the traffic issue. I agree that dumb cruise control (available on XLT) is useless in traffic.
Sponsored

cosmo67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard to get under 22K before TTL. I'm going for hitch reciever, non carpeted floor mats and inverter plug thing (someone please explain to me why I want this btw.) Then even with a $140 plain bed mat after market, one can limbo under that bar.
One can be seduced by all the high end options and packages, but add 1/3rd higher cost very easily, I mean it's easy to go >30K, right?
Losing nanny controls like adaptive cruise and lane keep is like losing mother-in-law assist, no? I might get basic cruise control after market and tailgate theft deterrent. Definitely harbor freight ratchet straps.
Hermesillo is giving most of us lot's of time to unemotionally mull it over. Stay thirsty my friends.
Because you can. Just like I opted for the console vault. Never seen one in a vehicle before.

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hard to get under 22K before TTL. I'm going for hitch reciever, non carpeted floor mats and inverter plug thing (someone please explain to me why I want this btw.) Then even with a $140 plain bed mat after market, one can limbo under that bar.
One can be seduced by all the high end options and packages, but add 1/3rd higher cost very easily, I mean it's easy to go >30K, right?
Losing nanny controls like adaptive cruise and lane keep is like losing mother-in-law assist, no? I might get basic cruise control after market and tailgate theft deterrent. Definitely harbor freight ratchet straps.
Hermesillo is giving most of us lot's of time to unemotionally mull it over. Stay thirsty my friends.
I don'y know about after market cruise...for example, Four shops (not dealers) have told me that no one makes a reliable aftermarket cruise for my 2006 (3.0 engine) Ranger.
Wish you luck.

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Having push start on my current vehicle, I will be happy to return to the regular keyed ignition…..I have never gotten “used to’ push start.. Have never realized any advantage. I looking fwd. to the keypad on exterior! Not carrying my keys will be nice.!
On the other hand, I fell in love with push button start back in 2008. Throwing a transmitter in my pocket or purse, and then ignoring it until the battery needs changing two years later, was honestly life changing. It was legit my unconditional requirement when searching for a truck. I don't have anything anymore that uses a key.

mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the other hand, I fell in love with push button start back in 2008. Throwing a transmitter in my pocket or purse, and then ignoring it until the battery needs changing two years later, was honestly life changing. It was legit my unconditional requirement when searching for a truck. I don't have anything anymore that uses a key.
I guess for me the reason that I don't mind turning a key (current vehicle has intelligent access, push to start, auto tailgate, everything) is that even after 3 years or so I'm still finding myself taking the key out of my pocket when I sit down to drive. I just don't like having things in my pocket when I drive, especially my phone.

Plus the switchblade key is just so cool. And if you're the type of person that cares, the fob makes it look like any regular push to start key fob so when you take it out of your pocket at gatherings no one knows the satisfaction you get every time you whip out the key to start your car.

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don'y know about after market cruise...for example, Four shops (not dealers) have told me that no one makes a reliable aftermarket cruise for my 2006 (3.0 engine) Ranger.
Wish you luck.
I agree, I don't know either. I wish it were stand alone and XL available.
But even then my wife's Mazda3 adaptive cruise wants like 5 car lengths on the toll road when someone decelerates at all in the middle lanes. Any traffic behind me thinks it was my idea.

Nathan

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV Fusion, Hybrid Fusion, Mustang GT, Miata
Newer Adaptive Cruise Control (Lariat Lux only I think) addresses the traffic issue. I agree that dumb cruise control (available on XLT) is useless in traffic.
I have adaptive cruise in three of my Fords and it's great! I don't typically use cruise during my commute, but for long road trips the adaptive cruise is something you'll always want once you try it. Err, with that having been said I didn't understand that my XL wasn't going to come without cruise when I ordered it 😂 I haven't had a new car without cruise since I bought a base F150 in 1997.

Last edited:

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a June (revised early July) order for a Lariat + Lux. I'm seriously considering revising again to a base XL w/just a couple options (sunroof, co-pilot 360 to get the power mirror, trailer hitch) after watching this video. I like the XL interior and don't mind the steel wheels. On the wheel front, perhaps that's because I have steel wheels in winter on both my F150 and Subaru (both w/snows), and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Now if Ford ever gives me a build date, they would capture that north of 30K order...much longer and I might be changing to a low 20's order.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My family car has a push-button start and the '02 Tacoma the Maverick is replacing had a key door lock and ignition system. I grew to just hate having to dig in my pocket to pull out a ring of keys just to get in and drive the Toyota. I'm buying a Larado with the Lux package and the push button is one of the primary reasons why.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree that dumb cruise control (available on XLT) is useless in traffic.
Traditional cruise control is only as dumb as the operator though. ;)

I use cruise control religiously, but I don't mind and actually prefer just taking manual control of it. Easy at least on a Ram to slightly decrease the speed or pause and resume, and some of the smart cruise control can be a bit conservative about leaving gaps.

Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Traditional cruise control is only as dumb as the operator though. ;)

I use cruise control religiously, but I don't mind and actually prefer just taking manual control of it. Easy at least on a Ram to slightly decrease the speed or pause and resume, and some of the smart cruise control can be a bit conservative about leaving gaps.
Obviously it depends on how much traffic; at some point you're not using cruise control as much as you're using "hand controls." At that point, I'd rather use my right foot.

D K

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado, M3, Corvette
Nothing

they just proved that we are getting ripped off on all the other vehicles

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cruise control is a must for me.

I agree with those who say they don't use it in traffic -- I don't either.

But I live in the southwest and do a lot of driving across these wide open states and up to Canada. The gas and brake often go untouched for an hour or more because, well, there's nothing there.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've noticed with the hybrid that dialing in speed changes with the cruise control can do a much better job of holding max EV power. Often I'll just accelerate by pedal up to 20mph where the cruise control can be resumed and let the computer patiently handle getting the rest of the way up to 40mph.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wish you luck.
FYI [email protected] has been on the forum for an outfit that plans to develop a kit. I think he's wsimmons xl, director of marketing. I have no ties or stock. It was on a cruise control thread.
Sponsored