Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the airbag recall performed last fall on my 2022 Maverick and when I got home I noticed that the passenger side of the dash had been scratched near the A-Pillar area, no doubt due to the A-pillar trim being slid out from the bottom resulting in several scratch marks. I notified the dealer immediately and sent requested photos...

I finally made an appointment and dropped off the vehicle yesterday. They sent it over to their local bodyshop which is just a couple blocks away. Prior to the appointment I had stopped by the body shop to show them the scratch/scuff marks. The tech stated that due to the type of material used it would be difficult to make it perfect, but was confident that the marks could be diminished...

I picked up my Maverick last night and was surprised at how nice the repair turned out - you really have to look hard to see where the scratches were. Not sure how they did it, maybe I'll stop by in the future and see if they'll reveal their "secret" method...

Here are the before (left) and after (right) photos. Hard to photograph the scratches, there are a few on the lower side of the left pic that are hard to see but visible "in person":

Ford Maverick Air Bag recall - scratched dash - repair update Maverick_dash_repair_01
Sponsored

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks good. I have taken trim pieces off to install a radio. Some pieces are extremely hard to remove. When the piece releases sometimes unexpectedly, the panel will move fast, this is probably how it got scratched. Also I guarantee whoever removes many trim panel will break some posts. You will not notice until you here some squeaks.

OP
OP

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
...When the piece releases sometimes unexpectedly, the panel will move fast, this is probably how it got scratched.
When I took my Maverick in for the air bag recall I was told that the dealership had already done 20 of them... no excuse for this sort of damage if a tech is careful. When I first got my Maverick I removed the same A-pillar trim piece to run wiring for my HomeLink mirror, and did so without scratching the dash.

What irked me most, aside from the scratches, is that nothing was said about the dash damage when I picked up the vehicle after the air bag recall. In addition, there were fingerprints all over the windshield and grease marks on the upper B-Pillar.
Sponsored