Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This posting addresses all replies So, my 245/70/17 bfg trail terrains do NOT rub. I have the 2" rough country lift. The only speedo accuracy I've checked is GPS comparison, which should be pretty accurate. At least I'd hope. And of course tire size matters,no matter what. Everything is affected. Yes the 245/65 are slightly smaller than the 245/70 but the tire design can make a slight difference also. An all terrain tire may have lugs that square off the tire, further out of the wheel well which could make it rub slightly. Every tire is a little different and if a fraction of an inch makes a difference for you, then you will be doing the trial and error thing.
Sponsored

chrisehyoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Lux, Copilot, Shadow black
I'm more curious how you got a digital speedo on that screen. I still haven't figured that out. lol

culprenski

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is not factory cruise control... He specified that he as "factory cruise control" so that applied the truck has it when he comes out of the assembly line... I want to know how he as it since is not offer on XL model even if you take the Co-Pilot 360 option.
Mines a 2024 XL straight out of the factory with cruise. Maybe they changed it for 2024? Idk

AzureBlueBill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat / 1969 Dodge Dart GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Usually, factory speedometers read a little high. This time, that seems to have worked out in your favor. I guess I need to check mine now, as I have the same size tires as you do. Speedometer should be reading 3% low.

Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I'm still on stock Lariat wheels and tires, the phone GPS and the annoying "speed limit/ your speed" radar signs is always right on with the truck speedo.

I too wonder if it gets calibrated to GPS?...

AzureBlueBill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat / 1969 Dodge Dart GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I'm still on stock Lariat wheels and tires, the phone GPS and the annoying "speed limit/ your speed" radar signs is always right on with the truck speedo.

I too wonder if it gets calibrated to GPS?...
The technology is certainly there to do it. Almost everything could be run off of satellites or Wi-Fi, or cell phones, or something else I don't even know about. But I am pretty sure it is not being done. The technology is not 100% error-free. The signal can be lost due to bad weather, for example.
Sponsored