First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My kayak poked a hole in my tail light. Are there any aftermarket units available? At over $300 from Ford I'll wait and replace both for less $
Sponsored

CactusGrey828

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Aftermarket is really missing an opportunity with the Maverick. There are still no decent taillight, headlight or even fog light applications. I don’t get it.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My kayak poked a hole in my tail light. Are there any aftermarket units available? At over $300 from Ford I'll wait and replace both for less $
Believe it or not check out ebay. I have noticed a wide variety of OEM stuff from Mavs for sale.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Aftermarket is really missing an opportunity with the Maverick.
Lack of investment in aftermarket products may simply be based on the limited number of Mavericks in the wild to date. Wait until production catches up with demand (assuming Ford doesn’t kill the category by jacking up MSRP too much in 2024 and 2025)

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That and supply chain issues.

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to beat a dead horse but I am still surprised when I search for aftermarket tail light assemblies, particularly LED units.
Not talking about LED bulbs or light bars, talking about the whole assembly, something that looks different and cool.

I haven’t had a vehicle in the last 20 years that you couldn’t find several options to change out the stock assemblies. Tails can really change the whole appearance of a vehicles aft end.

I’m glad the stock headlamps are good enough not to feel the need to upgrade those, that would really suck. First thing I’ve done to my last 2 vehicles was to install the brightest aftermarket bulbs I could find. They still weren’t nearly as bright as the Mavericks LED lights.

Tails are mostly a for- looks thing so I can live with the stock units.

Aftermarket add-ones of any kind, trim, spoilers and the like are really scarce as well.

The ”exterior modifications” threads on, (take your pick), forums still have new posts almost daily with people showing the new parts, and look, that they added that week.

It’s kind of rare here. I’m sure lots of us want to do more stuff but can’t find new parts.

If you into decals and stripes you’re in luck though.! Supply chain and startup manufacturing cost problems don’t apply so much to those.

Of course you can always swap wheels so that’s good too.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad I actually have the vehicle.!
It’s just weird not having the aftermarket options like we have been accustomed to. It’s also weird not seeing a new model vehicle as popular as this one is on the roads 2+ years into production. driving around.

Strange days.
Sponsored

Last edited: