Aftermarket Options?

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
The rumor is the Maverick will be on the Escape/Bronco Sport body on frame & suspension so that should allow for the aftermarket options that are existing/becoming available for mainly the Bronco Sport...right? If they offer more than just the rumored FWD. I like the idea of a slightly lifted Maverick with larger tires to set it apart from stock. These three [lift & smaller wheel/larger tire options] below look pretty good.

ALPHAequipt: Foxtrot wheels (17x7.5 / 5x108 / +35mm offset)
Ford Maverick Aftermarket Options? IMG_4001.JPG

Ford Maverick Aftermarket Options? IMG_4002.JPG

MAD Industries: 1" Lift
1" front and rear equally
Front - 2 piece adjustable front space that goes between strut hat and Strut tower with extended length bolts.
Rear - 2 spacers lower under spring with custom lower shock extension bracket and extra Bolt.
Tire Size this 245/65R17 mounted on a 17x8 wheel with a plus 35 min
Ford Maverick Aftermarket Options? IMG_4003.JPG

Factory 1" lift in testing
Ford Maverick Aftermarket Options? 2021-bronco-first-ride-along-event-9-
Sponsored

OP
OP

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
I think this lift/wheel/tire setup would look good on the Maverick...

Custom Bronco Sport by 4 Wheel Parts. Not able to find the specs on the lift/wheels/tires/etc...

Ford Maverick Aftermarket Options? Bronco_Moab_02

Ford Maverick Aftermarket Options? 4-Wheel-Parts-custom-Bronco-Sport-SUV_04

Ford Maverick Aftermarket Options? 4-Wheel-Parts-custom-Bronco-Sport-SUV_01

Ford Maverick Aftermarket Options? 4-Wheel-Parts-custom-Bronco-Sport-SUV_02

Reactions: Doc

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm new to modifying vehicles, but I'd certainly be interested in raising a Maverick up maybe 1"/1.5". What kind of costs are generally associated with a lift kit? And is it normal to experience any issues by doing so/voiding warranties?

Reactions: Doc

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm new to modifying vehicles, but I'd certainly be interested in raising a Maverick up maybe 1"/1.5". What kind of costs are generally associated with a lift kit? And is it normal to experience any issues by doing so/voiding warranties?
Lifting a vehicle can void the warranty, but it depends on what fails. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act says that a claim can't be denied due to mods unless the mods are related to the failure. Now lifting a vehicle (esp. to add bigger tires) can add strain on the suspension and transmission, so I wouldn't count on warranty support for those areas if you lifted the vehicle/added tires bigger than stock or approved sizes. Someone might have more info on how Ford deals with this with Rangers and F150s, which are commonly lifted.

There are different types of lifts, some of which are more involved than others. The simplest basically just uses spacers where the suspension attaches to move it lower. You have to be careful to ensure the angles created aren't too far off from stock or it can cause premature wear on the CV joints and axles. I believe that Ford recommends you don't lift the Bronco Sport, but that's somewhat standard manufacturer rec as they don't want people messing with everything they've tested extensively. We will have to wait and see how those lifting the Bronco Sport end up before we get an idea of how it would work with the Maverick.