Thanks, I'm sure there must be front camera options...I would look at options for Sprinter van or small box trucks. They have tons of aftermarket back up cameras. I would make sure it is one that DOES NOT have the proximity sensor/alarm.
I would LOVE a standalone screen, smaller than the Mav screen, attached to the cubby is what I'm thinking. Even better is if it could be intergrated into the current screen, I wish those had additional inputs on the back.If you don't mind to a standalone screen then a backup cam works just, y'know, mount it to the front. Supposedly some Garmin GPS units can also support a camera input if you want more multi-purpose.
What is a "third party head unit"?This can definitely be done, but with a second screen or an upgraded third party head unit. It's just a question of running the wires.
Nice, link?They have wireless ones - just need to run power to the camera and plug the monitor into the cab power port or hardwire it into the cab fuse box.
I have a 2 camera one arriving tomorrow I am going to hook up with one in back, one in front.
An after market radioWhat is a "third party head unit"?
Could use a GoPro with a tablet or phoneI only see Big Rig options on Amazon. I was hoping for something that could hardwire and send to the infotainment, or send via radio to a standalone screen.
I wish a dash cam included such a thing
I’m new to Mav forums, I didn’t even know people could do that with the Mav, the infotainment center looked very built-in.An after market radio
99.99% likely what I’m going to do. When I get the truck will have to see placement.Could use a GoPro with a tablet or phone
I’d recommend the DoHonest set on Amazon that comes with a license plate camera but I assume you want to record the video? I bought it to mount on my backrack since my toolbox partially obstructs the view out the back window. Mounted the screen on the dash, it’s relatively small compared to most but it doesn’t record anything. I’m sure it could be setup to record on a loop. Best part though, if you read the little instruction booklet that comes with it they give you an email to contact for an additional item for free. I got the RV camera cause why not if it’s free lol
Here’s the link below - lll be honest, the license plate camera isn’t super great but it served its purpose until I received the RV camera. The RV camera is waaaay better quality so I do recommend getting the RV cam as your add on accessory if you commit. I thought about buying some of those tiny mirror/blind spot cameras for 360 view if you haven’t looked into those.Thanks for the tip! Don’t need recording!
just want a cheap DIY 360° live feed for off-roading
I purchased a solar backup camera for my wife's car from Amazon that mounts to a license plate bracket. I'm sure this will work in the front as well.If you don't mind to a standalone screen then a backup cam works just, y'know, mount it to the front. Supposedly some Garmin GPS units can also support a camera input if you want more multi-purpose.
Theoretically a Lariat with Sync 3 might be able to integrate a Bronco Sport Badlands front camera, but it doesn't look like anyone has managed it on lower Bronco Sport trims so it may not be possible.
Not sure this will work. There are phone apps that will turn your phone into a dash cam. (I use Droid Dashcam on my S-22 Ultra).I only see Big Rig options on Amazon. I was hoping for something that could hardwire and send to the infotainment, or send via radio to a standalone screen.
I wish a dash cam included such a thing