First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got this delivered last night off of Amazon and tried it out today. It fits great and should definitely get the job done. Not much light is coming through the windshield when you put it on. Like I said, the fit is perfect and I like how it has a nice Velcro strip to keep it rolled up. There was also a coupon when I bought it, so that helped.

Mabett Windshield Sun Shade for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWF67KT3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Ford Maverick Added a new sun shade today IMG_4337
Ford Maverick Added a new sun shade today IMG_4336
Ford Maverick Added a new sun shade today IMG_4348
Sponsored

AbnRgr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 944NA, Mazda Miata, PT Cruiser Conv.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same item produced by Mabett that I like. I did make a small mod to mine. I added a small square of Velcro to the top of the window centered on either side of the mirror housing. Correspondingly, there are slightly larger pieces of Velcro attached to the top of the shade.. I don’t have a problem with the weight of the shade pulling the top down toward the interior if I don’t carefully wedge along the perimeter.

chilicoke

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From your picture looks like it's able to stay up without flipping visors down, does it actually stay up well like that for extended period?

IMO that is an important usability feature for me, the one I got from Amazon is slightly undersized and requires visors down so I'm looking for a better replacement.

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took a chance on the Mabbet sunshade when they were offering 30% off. I fought with it to tuck in around the edges, and never really got it to stay in place at the top. And having to roll it up was another issue, when I've always used the type that accordions or the type that uses a spring metal frame that opens and collapses instantly. I'm taking mine to the UPS store tomorrow. I'm glad to hear that some of you have had a better experience than I have.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I lived in Floriduh, every other car had one. They cost less than $5. Banks and hardware stores gave away a cheap cardboard version.
$40 for TEN of them would be a good deal.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got this delivered last night off of Amazon and tried it out today. It fits great and should definitely get the job done. Not much light is coming through the windshield when you put it on. Like I said, the fit is perfect and I like how it has a nice Velcro strip to keep it rolled up. There was also a coupon when I bought it, so that helped.

Mabett Windshield Sun Shade for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BWF67KT3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

IMG_4337.jpeg
IMG_4336.jpeg
IMG_4348.jpeg
$40 for a foil wrapped piece of cardboard? I'm in the wrong business.
Sponsored