First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a hybrid Lariat, with adaptive cruise control. Yesterday the Maverick gave me a collision false alarm and temporarily slammed on the brakes - for no reason. I was on the inside lane on the interstate (heading east on I-40 between Albuquerque, NM and the turnoff for Hwy 14). It was on a straight section. The car in front was well ahead, say a couple of hundred yards, and there was a semi to my right and slightly ahead, staying in his own lane. The alarm quickly went away and stopped braking. BUT THIS WAS DANGEROUS! If someone was behind me, especially if they were tailgating they could have rear-ended me. I've had collision warnings occur before, on a winding mountain road, but just warning. It didn't apply the brakes.

Has anyone else had this happen?
Sponsored

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
first hear for me. I'd contact dealer and/or Ford.

lavaspill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a hybrid Lariat, with adaptive cruise control. Yesterday the Maverick gave me a collision false alarm and temporarily slammed on the brakes - for no reason. I was on the inside lane on the interstate (heading east on I-40 between Albuquerque, NM and the turnoff for Hwy 14). It was on a straight section. The car in front was well ahead, say a couple of hundred yards, and there was a semi to my right and slightly ahead, staying in his own lane. The alarm quickly went away and stopped braking. BUT THIS WAS DANGEROUS! If someone was behind me, especially if they were tailgating they could have rear-ended me. I've had collision warnings occur before, on a winding mountain road, but just warning. It didn't apply the brakes.

Has anyone else had this happen?
I’ve had this happen to me as well. I think it might have seen something on the side of the interstate and slammed them. Scared me pretty good. Haven’t had the issue since. 15,000 miles, use it everyday, only happened once (and that was enough haha).

AncientMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid XLT Cactus Grey, 23 Hybrid XLT Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We had it happen a couple times on vacation. Our Lariat didn’t have adaptive cruise though, just the regular cruise control. Interestingly once was on I-40 East of Albuquerque near Clines Corner. Middle of the day and nobody else nearby to trigger it. We guessed it might have been a bird or large insect that flew close to the sensor, but never saw anything. It definitely gets your heart pumping!

DanTheMan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had this happen before too. I wondered if it wasn't an issue with the bright sun hitting the sensor just right?

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The camera alone can trigger it, yes. So any Maverick with copilot 360 can exhibit this. When/if it happens with ACC, I don't think you have a way of knowing if collision avoidance was triggered by radar or the camera.

You can, however, turn off collision avoidance and still use adaptive cruise. You can also change the pre-collision settings in the driver's instrument panel settings.

If you turn off automatic emergency braking it will turn on again the next time the ignition is on. Every Ford with AEB does this.
Sponsored