Sponsored

ActiveX Seating Materials in Maverick -- Reviews / Feedback?

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So...according to Ford: "ActiveX is a high-end synthetic seating material designed to fit your active lifestyle. It is easier to clean, resistant to staining, and more durable than leather while maintaining a premium look and feel over time. ActiveX does not include any animal-based material."

Sam Haymart refer(s/ed) to it simply as "vinyl." I've seen some scattered discussion of the material here and there. On the Expedition forums it is described has a mixture of leather trim and synth-leather tushy section and back. But, not a lot of apparent experience with it. I've not been able to find much in the way of "in-depth" info regarding material.

Can I/we get some input from Ford owners regarding their experiences with ActiveX?
Sponsored

mikey44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, 2021 Chevrolet Trax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So...according to Ford: "ActiveX is a high-end synthetic seating material designed to fit your active lifestyle. It is easier to clean, resistant to staining, and more durable than leather while maintaining a premium look and feel over time. ActiveX does not include any animal-based material."

Sam Haymart refer(s/ed) to it simply as "vinyl." I've seen some scattered discussion of the material here and there. On the Expedition forums it is described has a mixture of leather trim and synth-leather tushy section and back. But, not a lot of apparent experience with it. I've not been able to find much in the way of "in-depth" info regarding material.

Can I/we get some input from Ford owners regarding their experiences with ActiveX?
I've had a 2020 Escape SEL with the ActiveX seats for nearly a year and really like them. It was a Program Car with only 3k miles on it when I bought it and I honestly didn't know anything about the material, thought it was leather. The interior is the light "stone" color and the material is super easy to keep clean. I wound really like to get the Lariat with the ActiveX seats, but just can't justify the cost of the Lux package to get heated seats and steering wheel, plus all the other stuff I have absolutely no use for. So I ordered an XLT.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
I had a BMW with a similar material on the seats

pros:
it’s cheaper than leather
it doesn’t age poorly like leather
its easier to repair than leather

cons:
it doesn’t breathe like leather

at ten years into ownership the seats still looked just as good as the day I bought the car while my friends leather seats of the same age looked like the face of a 50 year old woman’s who has spent the last 30 years chain smoking cigarettes.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a BMW with a similar material on the seats

pros:
it’s cheaper than leather
it doesn’t age poorly like leather
its easier to repair than leather

cons:
it doesn’t breathe like leather

at ten years into ownership the seats still looked just as good as the day I bought the car while my friends leather seats of the same age looked like the face of a 50 year old woman’s who has spent the last 30 years chain smoking cigarettes.
LOL !!!!! :ROFLMAO:

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here. Have Nuluxe on the Lexus and it’s really quite nice. Super easy to keep clean and at 9 years old still looks almost new. I’m fine with it. Doesn’t crack or get stiff like older leather.

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Much better than the Naugas we used to hunt for skins. Naugahyde was expensive because those guys are deadly killers and rare as F after being overhunted in the 70's, almost as bad as drop bears. If you can get jackalope I would go for it.

In all seriousness, I have a friend who owns a canvas shop, I do enough diving and have anatomical needs (I got necrotizing fascitis in my right glute requiring 7 corrective surgeries) that I am going with light coloured custom neoprene with additional padding to adjust for my case of Noassatall.

Dagreeny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2922 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do dogs paws scratch it? The material is a brownish color in my Maverick and I wonder if my dogs paws are going to scratch it?

chips46

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2l 2022 ford maverick lariat lux fx4 tow 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do dogs paws scratch it? The material is a brownish color in my Maverick and I wonder if my dogs paws are going to scratch it?
My dog didn't scratch it but was sliding around and could not keep himself from sliding. I got a bath towel and sewed straps in several locations to tie it to the bottom of seat. now he can sit still and not slide all over the back. When towel gets dirty I take it off and put in washer for cleaning. let dry and put back on. Using towel allows use of all seat belts and I am also able to lift seat for storage access.