First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just Under 15k on my hybrid XLT I got in April 22, and have another check engine warning saying "The powertrain control module lost communication with the vehicle active grill shutter module for a period of time" There is no fuse for such a module on the diagram and I checked many fuses I suspected of controlling it, none were blown. Has anyone had this issue with their maverick? I cant find much info online and im worried the grille shutter may have been damaged during the first hybrid recall. Have an appointment with my dealer this Friday, but they are notoriously slow so if there is information or a simple fix I'd much prefer to do that.

This is my 6th check engine light in this truck and the 4th time I have brought it in for service. I'm considering just selling it soon, way more stress than my 2003 Subaru with 380k ever was.

Ford Maverick Active Grille Shutter Check Engine Light 1679975750081

EDIT: WELP on top of the issue listed above, the AC no longer blows cold. I have also been waiting on exhaust parts for a repair of a different issue since early January. I just feel defeated at this point.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Just Under 15k on my hybrid XLT I got in April 22, and have another check engine warning saying "The powertrain control module lost communication with the vehicle active grill shutter module for a period of time" There is no fuse for such a module on the diagram and I checked many fuses I suspected of controlling it, none were blown. Has anyone had this issue with their maverick? I cant find much info online and im worried the grille shutter may have been damaged during the first hybrid recall. Have an appointment with my dealer this Friday, but they are notoriously slow so if there is information or a simple fix I'd much prefer to do that.

This is my 6th check engine light in this truck and the 4th time I have brought it in for service. I'm considering just selling it soon, way more stress than my 2003 Subaru with 380k ever was.
Hi there. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at your Maverick's engine warnings.

OP
OP

AbhorrentOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at your Maverick's engine warnings.
Just Sent Thanks for responding
Sponsored