First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm concerned about the lead times at this point. I've had my truck since January with nothing to cover the bed, holding out for a A.R.E. or Leer topper. A.R.E. is saying months before you'll actually get it, and Leer isn't even offering one yet (though I've heard from dealers that they're in the works - were supposed to be out "spring 2022"). I agree with you guys that I don't want to put in an order for the A.R.E. until I've at least seen a picture of it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a cheap tonneau cover to have some something functional for secure bed storage while I wait.
Sponsored

flame_tempest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm concerned about the lead times at this point. I've had my truck since January with nothing to cover the bed, holding out for a A.R.E. or Leer topper. A.R.E. is saying months before you'll actually get it, and Leer isn't even offering one yet (though I've heard from dealers that they're in the works - were supposed to be out "spring 2022"). I agree with you guys that I don't want to put in an order for the A.R.E. until I've at least seen a picture of it. I'm thinking I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a cheap tonneau cover to have some something functional for secure bed storage while I wait.
I had decided to wait for a Leer option to be available as well, until I found out that Leer owns Snugtop and will not be making their own unique model to "compete" with the Snugtop Recreational cap (anything they release will just be rebranded). I did order mine through a Leer distributer in their headquarters city of Elkhart, Indiana, and was told that they have the option of swapping the badging out for Leer badging upon arrival. The rep told me that, features wise, this cap is comparable to their XQ series, which is one of their nicer offerings. I've always had Leer caps on my trucks, so hopefully the quality is similar. Out the door with tax and installation, I was just over $3,100, which is a decent amount cheaper than ordering through the Ford dealership, but still more than I am used to for other caps. I am still ~4 weeks from receiving the cap (initially a 12-14 week delivery), so I can't comment on build quality or function.

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally gave up and ordered truxedo elevate racks and pro x15 tonneau cover today. If a better looking canopy comes out I’ll reassess then but I need something for carrying my kayaks and boards and not waiting any longer as summer is coming. Realtruck deal was pretty amazing for forum members.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally gave up and ordered truxedo elevate racks and pro x15 tonneau cover today. If a better looking canopy comes out I’ll reassess then but I need something for carrying my kayaks and boards and not waiting any longer as summer is coming. Realtruck deal was pretty amazing for forum members.
And what is/was that deal?

I had decided to wait for a Leer option to be available as well, until I found out that Leer owns Snugtop and will not be making their own unique model to "compete" with the Snugtop Recreational cap (anything they release will just be rebranded). I did order mine through a Leer distributer in their headquarters city of Elkhart, Indiana, and was told that they have the option of swapping the badging out for Leer badging upon arrival. The rep told me that, features wise, this cap is comparable to their XQ series, which is one of their nicer offerings. I've always had Leer caps on my trucks, so hopefully the quality is similar. Out the door with tax and installation, I was just over $3,100, which is a decent amount cheaper than ordering through the Ford dealership, but still more than I am used to for other caps. I am still ~4 weeks from receiving the cap (initially a 12-14 week delivery), so I can't comment on build quality or function.
That's not exactly what I heard from a Leer factory rep in January. They told me that for a few months they'd only be producing the licensed snug top version, but they'd eventually (this spring/summer) be coming out with 2-3 lines of their standard Leer product to fit the Mav. Now maybe things have changed since then, but if that's the case then I'm really disappointed.

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And what is/was that deal?

That's not exactly what I heard from a Leer factory rep in January. They told me that for a few months they'd only be producing the licensed snug top version, but they'd eventually (this spring/summer) be coming out with 2-3 lines of their standard Leer product to fit the Mav. Now maybe things have changed since then, but if that's the case then I'm really disappointed.
they can’t advertise the prices as they are lower than MSRP so not sure I should post them but it was significantly cheaper than the manufacturers website or anywhere else. Probably 15% savings I think?

Sponsored

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
they can’t advertise the prices as they are lower than MSRP so not sure I should post them but it was significantly cheaper than the manufacturers website or anywhere else. Probably 15% savings I think?
If you're just an individual, and not constrained by a NDA, you should be able to post prices?

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you're just an individual, and not constrained by a NDA, you should be able to post prices?
If you’re interested just message them. Or I can pm you.

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you’re interested just message them. Or I can pm you.
Thanks but I'm good, I need [want] a canopy to contain my dog's crate and wet equipment. I still think the prices should be listed lol.

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks but I'm good, I need [want] a canopy to contain my dog's crate and wet equipment. I still think the prices should be listed lol.
I still want a canopy as well but needed racks asap. This weekend wanted to go kayaking but my 15’ kayak won’t fit in a 6.5 bed :)

I’ll see how the racks/tonneau ($1125) work and perhaps I won’t end up needing the canopy, but in the NW it still would be nice.

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just inquired about a basic V-series cap from a local Pennsylvania dealer.

The mold was completed about 4 weeks ago.
Current lead time is 15 weeks.

Installed price (tilt front glass, no carpet liner) is $1950.

If anyone has real photos I'd be interested. I've asked the dealer and haven't heard back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yeah until I see some pictures I’m not doing anything. I’m pretty happy with my elevate racks and x15 cover so I may skip the canopy at this point.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Once my Maverick gets scheduled I am gonna order a DCU from ARE. They said it would be something like 16 weeks for delivery to a dealer near Granger where I ordered from. I forget the price but it was right around $3500 with rear window, ladder racks, front window, and full side doors.

2Life

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
2Life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 2x MX Caps on order since early June. Was told to expect delivery around late August / early September.

Baja_Roamer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Mitsubishi Montero, 2015 Fiesta ST
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Came across this photo on IG, looks like the MX… also the gap between shell/cab looks best I’ve seen so far, IMO shell doesn’t look as good as I hoped It would, prefer the height/rise of the Ranch topper.

Ford Maverick A.R.E taking preorders on Maverick topper / canopies 935D7243-8B21-4A02-A84D-76A0437896DE