SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It was $2200 base price without installation. Here's breakdown. Hopefully this info can help others get a better deal.
I see you're also in Oregon - are you going to a dealer in Portland? If so, do you mind sharing?

Also dang, the add-ons add up fast.
Sponsored

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
id like the snugtop without the additional height, and a little more squared off in the rear.
Have you seen one in person? I’ve said it before and I’m going to keep saying it…the SnugTop without the additional height might LOOK better, but it’s simply not functional.

I have one. I like it a lot. But it you take the 4” off of it, you might as well skip it and do a tonneau because when you open the rear glass you wouldn’t be able to get much more than a briefcase through it. The opening is already small. I think you folks really need to see one of these in person to understand.

Take that 4” off and my labradors would be bumping their heads on the roof just trying to stand back there. It really wouldn’t be much more useful than a tonneau. I know that seems crazy, but it’s the way it is.

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see you're also in Oregon - are you going to a dealer in Portland? If so, do you mind sharing?

Also dang, the add-ons add up fast.
Nw auto accessories in Portland. Honestly, I've been considering seeing if i can get my deposit back and getting a soft topper instead. Keep going back and forth

OP
OP
Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you seen one in person? I’ve said it before and I’m going to keep saying it…the SnugTop without the additional height might LOOK better, but it’s simply not functional.

I have one. I like it a lot. But it you take the 4” off of it, you might as well skip it and do a tonneau because when you open the rear glass you wouldn’t be able to get much more than a briefcase through it. The opening is already small. I think you folks really need to see one of these in person to understand.

Take that 4” off and my labradors would be bumping their heads on the roof just trying to stand back there. It really wouldn’t be much more useful than a tonneau. I know that seems crazy, but it’s the way it is.
The height from bed to side rail is 20” and I’m guessing a cab height canopy is going to be between 36”-38” in height. I’m looking to have enough room to stack 14” plastic bins and this would still leave enough room to throw stuff on top. I have a tonneau and an additional 16” of height would be extremely useful..

Im just wondering what the heck they will look like. If they don’t match the shape of the rails/cab they could look really weird.

I’m leaning towards a ladder rack for now for summer camping at least until I see a photo.

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

How tall are your dogs at the shoulder? Dog space is a major reason I'm getting the topper, my dog is only knee high at the shoulder though. I ordered the MX thinking I needed the height but would love to get away with a shorter topper. She's smaller than she looks here.

Ford Maverick A.R.E taking preorders on Maverick topper / canopies IMG_20180804_132559

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How tall are your dogs at the shoulder? Dog space is a major reason I'm getting the topper, my dog is only knee high at the shoulder though. I ordered the MX thinking I needed the height but would love to get away with a shorter topper. She's smaller than she looks here.

IMG_20180804_132559.jpg
I too am getting a topper for my pups. They 60lb medium dogs. A cab height box would be plenty for them, but I want them to have morecool headroom above them. Definitely gonna go for atleast a mid rise cap. But I gotta have racks on it and the cab aswell.

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My whole reason for the topper was my dogs as well. But honestly you can barely see out the window of the SnugTop now. If I had a smaller window at all I’d definitely be installing a video rear view mirror.

Best advice I can give is to do whatever you have to do to find a SnugTop you can look at in person to understand. I’ve had toppers on all manner of trucks all my life and this is the first time I’ve ever been “dang, that opening is *small*”. I have a duffle bag I use for my mountain bike gear and I can’t really pass it through the window only without gyrations, and that’s never been the case on any other truck.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I want the A.R.E. LSII topper with body color match,like I had on my F150. Low profile(easily see out the rear window),water tight,protective. Supposedly they are working on that as well.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I want the A.R.E. LSII topper with body color match,like I had on my F150. Low profile(easily see out the rear window),water tight,protective. Supposedly they are working on that as well.
You know what would be awesome is that but setup more like a hard shell rooftop tent. It doesnt have to be for camping. But say you got something big to haul. Pop it up and haul it! Still water proof and all. It would be the ultimate convenient top.

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got behind an *old* Nissan pickup earlier today that had a camper shell on it that was the same height as the cab. It was *astounding* to me how much bigger that opening is than my SnugTop. Very similar sized truck, not very similar in this regard at all somehow.

I’ll say it again: see one in person before throwing a few grand down on something like that. I really doubt many people will find it’s what they thought it would be or what they actually want in terms of usability, even if it does look better.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I got behind an *old* Nissan pickup earlier today that had a camper shell on it that was the same height as the cab. It was *astounding* to me how much bigger that opening is than my SnugTop. Very similar sized truck, not very similar in this regard at all somehow.

I’ll say it again: see one in person before throwing a few grand down on something like that. I really doubt many people will find it’s what they thought it would be or what they actually want in terms of usability, even if it does look better.
Yeah the distance between the bed rail and the cab roof isnt much. Then subtract a lip, a seal flange, a windown and its lip and seal flange. There cant be a foot left over there. Im going with a high-top myself. The truck is so low to the ground it wont look too big.
Ford Maverick A.R.E taking preorders on Maverick topper / canopies d66867791f058ba48e3914b92633dd2e

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ll say it again
I don't think you speak for everyone.

I've seen the snug top in person, and don't really see the issue. Maybe I've gotten used to not using my rear view mirror as much and using my side mirrors. I've had a topper with an obscured rear window on my F-150 and it's also of minimal use on my Expedition (especially with the roof mounted DVD player down). I guess some people are more reliant on the rear view mirror than others.

I don't use the lift glass only very much at all to access the bed. I'm fully opening the tailgate. Finally, I'm not sure i understand the arguments of not being able to fit things. I can put my 100 lb dog's kennel in the bed and would still have plenty of room for a flush topper.

I also don't care much about the looks one way or the other, but I do want the functionality of a flush top to be able to carry longer items on top with cross bars on both the topper and the cab. BTW, if you ask, they won't put racks/rails on a snug top without voiding the warranty. That was the deal breaker for me.

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s cool. You’ve seen it and can make those calls. I’m just trying to make sure folks either see for themselves or know these potential issues exist. I’ve just seen so many people talking about doing things with this setup that it’s just too small to do, or at least it is going to be a LOT tighter than they think. Most are going on assumptions from other trucks, which you just can’t do.

And yeah, not being able to put rails on the SnugTop, especially at this price, is a huge bummer. If you could I think the height difference could be worked around reasonably (it’s really only 3” in this context), but even that isn’t an option. In that vein Ford sure as heck could have made our lives easier with some anchor points on the cab, too!

QuesoEnFuego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone in the Portland OR area have a snugtop? I'd love to see one in person

SiGmA_X

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here, if anyone has one...Let's setup a Starbucks meetup!
Sponsored