J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What? You thought this was about a '22 or '23 Maverick Truck? And some may be asking "what's a Drive In?".

This twisted/demented gem was discovered in the post-apocalyptic ghost town of Bombay Beach, hard on the shore of the Salton Sea in California. 'Road Warrior' would have been a fitting movie.

There's 1 bar in this town with a population of 250 (The Ski Inn) and the nearest gas station is 20 miles. The Admiral's response to the option of "stopping in for 1 drink" was a definitive "that's a HARD NO". Oh well...

Vehicles that stood out in the 'Drive In': AMC Pacer and a rusted Crosley. There were probably others, but I was not-so-subtely urged to get the heck out of there, which we did in a rented Dodge Challenger, which had FAR more power than a Hybrid Maverick. Fun to drive fast, especially in a straight line!

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming...

Ford Maverick A Maverick Spotted in a Drive In DSCN6870 (2).JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What? You thought this was about a '22 or '23 Maverick Truck? And some may be asking "what's a Drive In?".

This twisted/demented gem was discovered in the post-apocalyptic ghost town of Bombay Beach, hard on the shore of the Salton Sea in California. 'Road Warrior' would have been a fitting movie.

There's 1 bar in town this town with a population of 250 (The Ski Inn) and the nearest gas station is 20 miles. The Admiral's response to the option of "stopping in for 1 drink" was a definitive "that's a HARD NO". Oh well...

Vehicles that stood out in the 'Drive In': AMC Pacer and a rusted Crosley. There were probably others, but I was not-so-subtely urged to get the heck out of there, which we did in a rented Dodge Challenger, which had FAR more power than a Hybrid Maverick. Fun to drive fast, especially in a straight line!

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming...

DSCN6870 (2).JPG
FWIW, I've had my hybrid Maverick at a drive in. It's the first time I've ever had a truck at the drive in. We had a great time.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got a whole thread about Maverick at Drive-in saw Maverick top gun.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well to the far left, front row... must be a Galaxie or Fairlane? Ironic that just a few cars down is a Maverick two-door. Parked ahead of that looks to me by judging the roofline, rear glass area and taillight housing is something like a mid-fifties Studebaker. Far right and back with a light blue color reminds me or an early Plymouth Barracuda or AMC Marlin.

Nifty find. I could have spent an hour easy there.

OP
OP
aitch-2-oh

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bombay Beach was a nice discovery, I wanted to stay longer to explore, even suggesting “let’s follow these couples into the only bar in town”. No chance, ‘She Who Must Be Obeyed’ emphatically saying “we’re leaving here, now”. We did, with the slight aggravation and pics worth it.
Sponsored