First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This was on the lot at Mossy Ford in Pacific Beach. I saw it when I was coming back from the beach today and decided to stop in.

Ford Maverick A Maverick in the Semi-Wild 2022-04-06 14.34.00

They let me take a look inside. Overall impressions:
  • The interior looks plenty roomy. I didn't sit in it, but I'm confident there will be plenty of space for my staff to sit in the back if I need to drive them somewhere. They're millennials and gen Z, so of course they didn't bother to get a license. ;)
  • The seat material looks like it will hold up well. We will see if that impression is correct as the truck gets older.
  • The under storage compartment looks big enough to hold at least six, possibly eight gallons of milk. And that's with the hybrid.
  • Yes, the bed is shorter than what I've got now. But it will be plenty big enough to haul the supplies I need.
  • I'm a little disappointed that Mossy only takes a maximum of $5K on a credit card. But I understand why. If your hold back is only three percent, then the processing fee for the card will eat up all of that.
  • No fighting with the dealer over the alarm system they typically install. It's better than the Ford one I was going to have put in. Yes, it's more expensive, and yes, it makes them money. But it's worth the difference.
  • I told the sales person I'll put $5K down and finance the rest so they could make more money. It costs me nothing and it helps them so why not?
  • They won't give me an out the door price before the truck arrives because there are incentives that Ford gives them that change frequently. For example, there may or may not be a loyalty incentive and they could tell that I am a prior Ford buyer because I drove my Mustang onto the lot.
Overall, my experience was pleasant, especially since I told the guy I had the truck on order and that I didn't want to waste his time since he wouldn't be getting a commission for working with me. Instead of getting the guy who was getting the commission, he continued to work with me.

Let's hope it's the same way when the truck arrives, which is supposed to be between the 22nd and 28th of this month.
Sponsored

XLTLUXCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia - soon to be XLT Maverick
This was on the lot at Mossy Ford in Pacific Beach. I saw it when I was coming back from the beach today and decided to stop in.

2022-04-06 14.34.00.jpg

They let me take a look inside. Overall impressions:
  • The interior looks plenty roomy. I didn't sit in it, but I'm confident there will be plenty of space for my staff to sit in the back if I need to drive them somewhere. They're millennials and gen Z, so of course they didn't bother to get a license. ;)
  • The seat material looks like it will hold up well. We will see if that impression is correct as the truck gets older.
  • The under storage compartment looks big enough to hold at least six, possibly eight gallons of milk. And that's with the hybrid.
  • Yes, the bed is shorter than what I've got now. But it will be plenty big enough to haul the supplies I need.
  • I'm a little disappointed that Mossy only takes a maximum of $5K on a credit card. But I understand why. If your hold back is only three percent, then the processing fee for the card will eat up all of that.
  • No fighting with the dealer over the alarm system they typically install. It's better than the Ford one I was going to have put in. Yes, it's more expensive, and yes, it makes them money. But it's worth the difference.
  • I told the sales person I'll put $5K down and finance the rest so they could make more money. It costs me nothing and it helps them so why not?
  • They won't give me an out the door price before the truck arrives because there are incentives that Ford gives them that change frequently. For example, there may or may not be a loyalty incentive and they could tell that I am a prior Ford buyer because I drove my Mustang onto the lot.
Overall, my experience was pleasant, especially since I told the guy I had the truck on order and that I didn't want to waste his time since he wouldn't be getting a commission for working with me. Instead of getting the guy who was getting the commission, he continued to work with me.

Let's hope it's the same way when the truck arrives, which is supposed to be between the 22nd and 28th of this month.
Are those Bronco Sport wheels?

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
6 to 8 gallons of milk? That's a good bit of space! I plan to keep my truck stocked for camping 24/7 just in case the mood hits out of nowhere, so this is good news.

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are those Bronco Sport wheels?
Yes, they are. The sales person noticed when I mentioned that and asked if I wanted those. I told him that since it was a work truck, the steelies would be fine.

6 to 8 gallons of milk? That's a good bit of space! I plan to keep my truck stocked for camping 24/7 just in case the mood hits out of nowhere, so this is good news.
I'll test it out for sure when I get my truck. But I'm pretty confident it will hold six. Eight may be pushing it.

73bluebronco

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick, 1973 Bronco, 2017 Fiat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was eating lunch in Tulsa on Peoria and saw a blue one drive by, was kind of nice seeing a Maverick besides my own on the road for a change.

Sponsored

glider

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4runner 2019 Honda civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove that Maverick. My sales guy (Manny) told me Mossy bought that car at auction. Now they have one to show and test drive. I'll be ordering mine when the M23 is available to order.
Drive really nice!

OP
OP
tonyinsd

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drove that Maverick. My sales guy (Manny) told me Mossy bought that car at auction. Now they have one to show and test drive. I'll be ordering mine when the M23 is available to order.
Drive really nice!
Smart of them to do. It also is a positive sign for their business practices. Instead of putting that on the market and pocketing a fat ADM, they kept it so they can let people test drive one. They'll get more money in the long run by having a demo truck on site because people will drive it and order one.

So they'll give up the short term gain for a bigger long term one.

Businesses like that tend to not try to get every penny out of their customers now because they're looking to bring them back and make them generate more profits in the long run.

Sponsored

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey
I pulled into a gas station the same time a white XLT pulled in last week. We talked about our trucklettes and how he got his. Then yesterday, I saw an Area 51 EB XLT coming up beside me in the turning lane he slowed to almost a stop, I rolled my window down and we smiled and waved at each other. It's pretty cool to finally see 2 in arms reach other than my own! Area 51 is a beautiful color in person

Benson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Benson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I pulled into a gas station the same time a white XLT pulled in last week. We talked about our trucklettes and how he got his. Then yesterday, I saw an Area 51 EB XLT coming up beside me in the turning lane he slowed to almost a stop, I rolled my window down and we smiled and waved at each other. It's pretty cool to finally see 2 in arms reach other than my own! Area 51 is a beautiful color in person
I live inRancho Cucamonga….souther Cali. Have Area 52 XLT Hybrid…. people drive by me and honk, and give a thumbs up🙂 people in parking lots ask me lots of questions about the Maverick especially men and a lot of men that are already driving Ford F1 50s in the likes.
Sponsored