First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So the question is, who is lying? Ford or the tire manufactures?
Lying? Maybe I missed something. For somebody to be lying about the tires:

(1) Ford would have to be saying that they will have enough tires to build the planned Mavericks, and

(2) the tire suppliers would have to be saying that they will be unable to deliver those tires to Ford.

Is that what happened?

Or did the tire manufacturers just say they won't be able to make enough tires to meet general demand?
Sponsored

nickmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Give us a credit, put them on bricks, and let us put on tires at the dealership

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BP - you don’t have “rights to Trucklettes” be careful driving- the earths flat and you must be careful at the edges😂
I am a product of Jefferson Parish public schools. Just sayin' ...

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This post is odd.

My hybrid is in production as we speak.

Ford is still producing Maverick and Bronco Sports.

Dealerships will just say whatever answer they can that will placate the customer in the moment. They are definitely not insiders into production.

Just wait your turn. You will get a Maverick eventually.

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Should be a forum titled "My dealer said..."

Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As you’ve probably guessed, I’m not responding to help you understand. And I’m not responding for the members who have been on here long enough to know better b/c they’ve been there done that and bought the tshirt. I’m responding so that newbies joining know where to get reliable information and how to ignore other dealer said /conspiracy theory posts that lack any substance and/or any facts.

Also, I would hope folks would understand that these posts/dealer rumors may have ulterior motives. Dealerships want to sow doubt b/c Ford is actively changing how consumers buy automobiles. Excess inventory almost exclusively benefits dealerships and hurts the manufacturer. And hidden fees, low tradein values, charges etc. puts the incentives in the pockets of the dealership not consumers.

Not to mention, these rumors create panic buying, which has no place in an automotive purchase. The truth is cheap magnesium from China hurts other producers and there’s no shortage that cannot be offset by local producers. That may raise prices over the short term but higher interest rates and reduced demand will create balance between supply and demand. And not to be too cynical but if I were China, producing less goods, slowing economy, more onshoring threats, and a ton of unused magnesium on hand, maybe creating rumors and trying to get it to catch on would be a great way to cash in on my magnesium hoard, lol.
Supply chain shortages is not a rumor.

History and basic econ class shows less supply almost always leads to higher prices, for everything from toilet paper, Christmas trees, gasoline, cars and houses.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This post is odd.

My hybrid is in production as we speak.

Ford is still producing Maverick and Bronco Sports.

Dealerships will just say whatever answer they can that will placate the customer in the moment. They are definitely not insiders into production.

Just wait your turn. You will get a Maverick eventually.
Now that a lot more people know about the Maverick, I have a feeling when the hybrid order banks open again next summer the orders will ovewhelm and probably sell out more quickly this time around, even if Ford raises MSRP a lot due to inflation.

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was talking to my dealer and he looked into why my order was still delayed. He said it took awhile but he found that the problem the factory is having is their shortage of engines and a tire shortage, which will affect everyone regardless of their trim or model.
Another know nothing dealer.

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, like so many other products, there are global tire manufacturing and supply chain issues. Buddy of mine needs new tires for his 2002 Vette, and the pickings are really slim. No Goodyear Eagles in the performance tire size he needs

jc888888888

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat eco boost, Mustang Mach E , Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmmmmm , ford dealer in NE Florida keeps snail mailing me his parts and service sales flyer (BTW cost him a pretty penny to do.) His #1 best deal is buy 4 new tires installed and get a $250 service credit or a $200 visa card?????
Sponsored