First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Daily Motor finally reviewed the audio system that is standard on all trims, and as expected it scores poorly with a "D" (on A, B, C, D, F) scale compared to the average new vehicle available today. However, as its in a base model XL FWD model, and for vehicles in its price range it received a B score.
Sponsored

Kansas Mavs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Frontier
Doesn’t the Lariat come with a different radio?

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn’t the Lariat come with a different radio?
No, but it is the only trim that allows you to upgrade to the optional upgraded to the 8-speaker B&O.

You have to really want the whole package that its bundled with though, because total cost taking a base Lariat to upgraded sound system is $3,880.

Ford Maverick 6-speaker Sound System Review | Apple CarPlay & Android Auto Capture.JPG

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have to really want the whole package that its bundled with though, because total cost taking a base Lariat to upgraded sound system is $3,880.
You can do a lot of aftermarket upgrading for $3880!

OP
OP
JASmith

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can do a lot of aftermarket upgrading for $3880!
Even more if you weren't planning to buy a Lariat in the first place. Cheapest you can get the B&O system on a hybrid is $30,865 whereas cheapest XL Hybird is $21,490 after destination.

So its $9,375 difference if you started with an XL instead and put in your own system. I haven't heard of the Lariat getting any extra sound insulation installed, other than the noise reducing front windshield.

I would wager that a spray in liner and tonneau would probably help NVH a bit though for sound coming in the back.

Sponsored

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
Even more if you weren't planning to buy a Lariat in the first place. Cheapest you can get the B&O system on a hybrid is $30,865 whereas cheapest XL Hybird is $21,490 after destination.

So its $9,375 difference if you started with an XL instead and put in your own system. I haven't heard of the Lariat getting any extra sound insulation installed, other than the noise reducing front windshield.
In fairness though, anyone who would pay 10 grand to upgrade the stereo only, while not caring about the 30-40 other options you gain for that upcharge, is obviously a crazy person that shouldn't be making their own financial decisions anyway.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In fairness though, anyone who would pay 10 grand to upgrade the stereo only, while not caring about the 30-40 other options you gain for that upcharge, is obviously a crazy person that shouldn't be making their own financial decisions anyway.
Yeah, I was in that category until I caught myself in a brief moment of sanity and changed my order.

I originally ordered a Lariat mainly as I thought the B&O might be easier to upgrade and such, but when I saw the Lariat interior, I reevaluated my wants and needs. I reverted to the XLT and decided to upgrade the audio from that trim level. I won't really miss the HD radio and a plan to add a DSP/amp such as the Kicker Key. And on the hybrid, the 12V battery is under the rear seat, eliminating any need to penerate the firewall. Hopefully it will be straightforward, and a few pioneers on the forum may have already blazed the trail and provided some guidance by the time mine arrives.

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Better than I expected, but agree it could use more bass when the volume is raised. I did hear some panel rattle on one of the tracks he was playing. Wonder how bad it will be? 🤔

MysticRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max
I played with the standard stereo only briefly, and it sounded adequate for my wants/needs, but I really want the Sync 4 system so I don't have to hardline my phone to get Android Auto to work.

One thing I failed to check on is whether I can stream music over the phone's bluetooth connection, but this being 2021 I figured I could. But then again I'm not all that familiar with Sync 3.
Sponsored