First Name
Vinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for sharing your pics and thoughts of the Maverick. I’m 5’4 and it looks like the Mav will be a great fit for me. As far as getting in and out did you notice if you needed to stretch or kind of step up or were you able to basically just slide into the seat?
I definitely needed to grab the steering wheel and slightly pull myself into the seat. When I get out I had to stretch a little to fall out of the truck. Things are a bit more challenging for my wife at 5'1". Yes Yes I know its not a that bad but only because we are young. My 70 years old mother is 4'11" and definitely overweight so it will be awkward for her for sure. The problem is the truck is too low to install running boards which might be good for mom but obtrusive for me since I wont be using it. The truck will probably look kinda odd with very low running boards but you gotta do what you gotta do to accomodate your family members.
Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I definitely needed to grab the steering wheel and slightly pull myself into the seat. When I get out I had to stretch a little to fall out of the truck. Things are a bit more challenging for my wife at 5'1". Yes Yes I know its not a that bad but only because we are young. My 70 years old mother is 4'11" and definitely overweight so it will be awkward for her for sure. The problem is the truck is too low to install running boards which might be good for mom but obtrusive for me since I wont be using it. The truck will probably look kinda odd with very low running boards but you gotta do what you gotta do to accomodate your family members.
Ok that’s what I was expecting. I take care of my 81 year old mother who is 5’2” so I have to consider her as well. Maybe someone will offer powered running boards for these like the bigger trucks. They swing down when the door opens and go back up when the door is closed.🤷🏼‍♂️ Thanks for your help.

OP
OP

Vinhnguyen54

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok that’s what I was expecting. I take care of my 81 year old mother who is 5’2” so I have to consider her as well. Maybe someone will offer powered running boards for these like the bigger trucks. They swing down when the door opens and go back up when the door is closed.🤷🏼‍♂️ Thanks for your help.
This might be a cheap solution for our moms.

Ford Maverick 5'5" & 5'1" drivers size comparison & feedback with 2.0 Maverick - for the shorter owners / driver / passenger Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 2.08.22 PM
Ford Maverick 5'5" & 5'1" drivers size comparison & feedback with 2.0 Maverick - for the shorter owners / driver / passenger Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 2.08.07 PM
Ford Maverick 5'5" & 5'1" drivers size comparison & feedback with 2.0 Maverick - for the shorter owners / driver / passenger Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 2.09.46 PM

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The second one could probably work. Or maybe some lowering springs. Good looks and and no steps needed. 😎😎

Hank3

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another 5'5" driver here. Glad to hear the truck is a good fit for our size. Thanks for the review and comments.

Sponsored

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m assuming you need to stretch while getting in or out of the vehicle because you have the seat adjusted higher as you explained earlier?

Goose..you there?

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just some photos and opinions from shorter drivers. Will be wife's truck. I daily a F150. The Mav is tiny on the outside at any angle. Looks much smaller than the Explorer although they are suppose to be similar in length. Mav looks cute in size but very handsome in design. Not sure why some people say they think the truck looks bigger in person than it is in pictures. Wife anh I both think it's at least as small as pictures if not smaller. I am rather short at 5'5" and I can touch the bottom of the bed without tippy toe. With the seat adjusted as high as possible my feet can still reach the ground from the driver seat. All the surprises was the interior. It's roomy to say the least. I sitting behind myself had leg room for days. If I sit behind my wife there would be even more leg room. Seats felt excellent for smaller builds. Every single materials looks and feels nice. The base audio system sounds O..K. The steering wheel is too small and looks a bit cheap. The doors have some heft and close with a good solid feel. Overall we didn't have very high expectations for a 21500 entry level ecomy vehicle but pleasantly surprise with what we saw. Wife loves it really. We ordered a pepper red Hybrid XLT with sunroof and 360. Build week of 10/11. If we could do it again we would go Lariat but thankful the XLT is already too nice for the money. I know I only gave subjective opinions so just take it as a data point. Cheers!

Updated with more feedback:

The manual seat height adjuster is quite precise and can be adjusted to accomodate any torso length. Both wife and I enjoy the tallest most commanding view possible from the driver seat so we adjust all of our cars seat as high as possible for our reach.

Being 5'5" I can can adjust both the F150 and the Mav seats as high as possible to see almost all of the hood and still reaching the petals comfortably. Only difference is with the Mav I have to bend down my head slightly to not hit the roof during exit. I can avoid this by lowering the seat but I would lose some of the desired commanding view.

Wife is 5'1" and she too enjoy the height of the seat all the way up but unfortunately her legs cant reach the petals so she has to lower the seat partway to accomodate reach and thus have less view of the hood and surrounding.

If anyone is worrying about size in general then I would say let it be the exterior. The interior is physics defyingly roomy and can likely accomodate any height drivers with comfort.

The bed of the truck is very useful and roomy too due to the fact that the narrow and low wheel wells are situated as far forward as possible creating the least amount of "hot spots" to obstruct cargo deposit and removal.

The tail gate is not as light as I expected just like the doors may be because I am used to the F150's being aluminum. I would consider hydraulic assist if you have weaker arms/wrist. Will have it installed for wife.

Gray painted XLT wheels looks great in person. The design is somewhat exotic for a budget truck.

The Mav I sat in does not have a moonroof so the interior felt a tiny bit dark in the shades. We ordered the moonroof just for the additional lighting alone hopping it will brighten/liven up the cabin a bit more.

I made a comment on the base audio system sounding O...K. Yes I did turn up the bass and treble all the way up. The power/volume/loudness is great but the clarity is lacking. Completely fine if you are not into this.

For reference I have recently or currently own these vehicles and can give my driving impression of the Hybrid when it comes if anyone is interested.
C7 Stingray
2016 F150 2.7L with a tune on 34s
2006 IS350
2002 540i

We are now a bit concern about the 192HP hybrid being underpowered but hoping it too is physic defyingly good. hahahahah

20211010_101145.jpg

20211010_101203.jpg

20211010_101519.jpg

20211010_101310.jpg

20211010_101234.jpg
20211010_100940.jpg
20211010_101048.jpg
20211010_100437.jpg
Great pictures and a darn good review, this was very helpful. I am looking at getting 2 and my daughter is 5’2“ so her truck will be perfect for her!

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just some photos and opinions from shorter drivers. Will be wife's truck. I daily a F150. The Mav is tiny on the outside at any angle. Looks much smaller than the Explorer although they are suppose to be similar in length. Mav looks cute in size but very handsome in design. Not sure why some people say they think the truck looks bigger in person than it is in pictures. Wife anh I both think it's at least as small as pictures if not smaller. I am rather short at 5'5" and I can touch the bottom of the bed without tippy toe. With the seat adjusted as high as possible my feet can still reach the ground from the driver seat. All the surprises was the interior. It's roomy to say the least. I sitting behind myself had leg room for days. If I sit behind my wife there would be even more leg room. Seats felt excellent for smaller builds. Every single materials looks and feels nice. The base audio system sounds O..K. The steering wheel is too small and looks a bit cheap. The doors have some heft and close with a good solid feel. Overall we didn't have very high expectations for a 21500 entry level ecomy vehicle but pleasantly surprise with what we saw. Wife loves it really. We ordered a pepper red Hybrid XLT with sunroof and 360. Build week of 10/11. If we could do it again we would go Lariat but thankful the XLT is already too nice for the money. I know I only gave subjective opinions so just take it as a data point. Cheers!

Updated with more feedback:

The manual seat height adjuster is quite precise and can be adjusted to accomodate any torso length. Both wife and I enjoy the tallest most commanding view possible from the driver seat so we adjust all of our cars seat as high as possible for our reach.

Being 5'5" I can can adjust both the F150 and the Mav seats as high as possible to see almost all of the hood and still reaching the petals comfortably. Only difference is with the Mav I have to bend down my head slightly to not hit the roof during exit. I can avoid this by lowering the seat but I would lose some of the desired commanding view.

Wife is 5'1" and she too enjoy the height of the seat all the way up but unfortunately her legs cant reach the petals so she has to lower the seat partway to accomodate reach and thus have less view of the hood and surrounding.

If anyone is worrying about size in general then I would say let it be the exterior. The interior is physics defyingly roomy and can likely accomodate any height drivers with comfort.

The bed of the truck is very useful and roomy too due to the fact that the narrow and low wheel wells are situated as far forward as possible creating the least amount of "hot spots" to obstruct cargo deposit and removal.

The tail gate is not as light as I expected just like the doors may be because I am used to the F150's being aluminum. I would consider hydraulic assist if you have weaker arms/wrist. Will have it installed for wife.

Gray painted XLT wheels looks great in person. The design is somewhat exotic for a budget truck.

The Mav I sat in does not have a moonroof so the interior felt a tiny bit dark in the shades. We ordered the moonroof just for the additional lighting alone hopping it will brighten/liven up the cabin a bit more.

I made a comment on the base audio system sounding O...K. Yes I did turn up the bass and treble all the way up. The power/volume/loudness is great but the clarity is lacking. Completely fine if you are not into this.

For reference I have recently or currently own these vehicles and can give my driving impression of the Hybrid when it comes if anyone is interested.
C7 Stingray
2016 F150 2.7L with a tune on 34s
2006 IS350
2002 540i

We are now a bit concern about the 192HP hybrid being underpowered but hoping it too is physic defyingly good. hahahahah

20211010_101145.jpg

20211010_101203.jpg

20211010_101519.jpg

20211010_101310.jpg

20211010_101234.jpg
20211010_100940.jpg
20211010_101048.jpg
20211010_100437.jpg
We are same height, thanks for the perspective. My Focus ST I can reach mid roof on my tip toes.I think I will still need a stool to wash the roof. But interior looks spacious and low bed will make it very easy to get things in and out.

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I did
Call me crazy, but I always adjust the seat as low as possible for best CG (to optimize handling, like it makes any noticable difference :)

Sponsored

Bill R

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MKZ
I am 6'1" but my mother had shorter legs and the car's seat we had to share was very hard to adjust so I learned to adapt and to this day at 78 I almost always don't adjust seat. Am getting XLT with first ever electric seat. Do not know how it works but does it remember settings and gets ready for driver A or B based on which key is approaching driver's door? No big deal but I wouldn't want to mess with my wife's seat positioning.
From what I have read and heard it does not have a memory setting so if you move the seat you will have to readjust it yourself.
I cant wait to get mine but my dealer called me the other day as they received 4 Mavericks that are waiting for owners to come pick them up. I was able to sit in an XLT and it was very comfortable front and rear.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From what I have read and heard it does not have a memory setting so if you move the seat you will have to readjust it yourself.
I cant wait to get mine but my dealer called me the other day as they received 4 Mavericks that are waiting for owners to come pick them up. I was able to sit in an XLT and it was very comfortable front and rear.
Good to know. I am telling myself the back would be similar to my CR-V but will make it do and not adjust front as we keep it midway. I took lux package for other reasons than power seat.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call me crazy, but I always adjust the seat as low as possible for best CG (to optimize handling, like it makes any noticable difference :)
I just tell myself my CG is pretty low when I am sitting.