First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s been 5 months since I ordered and still am not able to add any packages including the black appearance package. How long does it usually take to get the email about it going into production and vin number?
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You will get a variety of answers for this question. Personally, my wait was 6 months before I got the scheduled email

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
10 months for me to get delivery. Untold numbers over a year and some still dont have their trucks

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s been 5 months since I ordered and still am not able to add any packages including the black appearance package. How long does it usually take to get the email about it going into production and vin number?
It is concerning that you can not alter your order. Once you are scheduled you will not be able to make changes. If your dealer is not willing or able to make changes then you have other issues.

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
10 months for me to get delivery. Untold numbers over a year and some still dont have their trucks
Yea . . . and I'm one of those. 474 days thus far. However, the wait is coming to a close. My Maverick is built and waiting at the rail yard ready to get shipped. 😆

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just got my email 375 days. Now just a short 3 month wait till it gets built and delivered as long as there is no issues.

Imamurrman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
15 months here. Truck was built yesterday. Buckle up for the long haul lol

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was 12 months till a build date, 408 days from order to picked up date. I envy the 2023 order folks as it looks like the wait is about half or better than us 2022 orders

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was 12 months till a build date, 408 days from order to picked up date. I envy the 2023 order folks as it looks like the wait is about half or better than us 2022 orders
I’m one of those ‘22’ orders now sitting at 477 days. My order is built but has been sitting at the factory lot since January 14th. Still waiting for it to get put on a rail car and shipped. Who knows how long that will take. At this rate, I may be moving from the “400 club” into the “500 club”. Anyone out there in Maverick land part of the “500 Club”?

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It’s been 5 months since I ordered
<<snip>>
If you placed an order in August (5 months ago), you might not have an "actual" MY22 order, since the order banks didn't open until September 15th... Your dealer MAY have allowed you to give them a "built sheet" ahead of 9/15 so they could place an order for you once the order banks opened, but they should have been able to give you an order number and their dealer number once the order was actually placed. You can confirm your order was placed and accepted by Ford through the Ford.com "chat" support. Just provide them those two items. If your order is valid, it will likely show "unscheduled - clean" status (or "in production" which basically means the same thing - it's NOT really in production yet), unless it's been selected to build, in which case it will have another status.

But perhaps you really meant "It's been 4 months since I ordered..."

and still am not able to add any packages including the black appearance package.
Your dealer is not correct in telling you this... You can absolutely add / delete anything to your order since day 1 without altering your order date, as long as your vehicle hadn't been selected to build (status changed to 2, IIRC), and as long as you keep the same body style (FWD vs AWD vs Adv4WD) and trim level (XL, XLT, Lariat). All along, they've been able to add/delete option and/or packages on your order, as long you didn't change those "major" things.

Roughly a month ago, Ford announced that they were opening up the ability to change from Hybrid to Ecoboost because the Hybrid production was significantly over-sold, and the Ecoboost production was significantly under-sold. As best I can figure out, that is still possible. I believe it will re-set the order date for your order, but Ford keeps telling people that won't affect your delivery - only dealer allocations count. (Not sure I believe that, through...)

How long does it usually take to get the email about it going into production and vin number?
Going by the experience of others here on the MTC, anywhere between about 60 days (highly unusual) and well over a year. Impossible for anyone outside of Ford themselves to tell you anything more accurate than that. There are simply too many variables in play...

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m one of those ‘22’ orders now sitting at 477 days. My order is built but has been sitting at the factory lot since January 14th. Still waiting for it to get put on a rail car and shipped. Who knows how long that will take. At this rate, I may be moving from the “400 club” into the “500 club”. Anyone out there in Maverick land part of the “500 Club”?
I'd say next thing you know your dealership will be calling
Sponsored