Sponsored

Warren89

First Name
CJ warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Silverado 3500HD
I'd like to start off by thanking the original poster. My business requires me move equipment from job to job on a daily basis so I already own a dually diesel but was looking for a truck I could daily drive that could move some of my smaller stuff. You're video answered literally all of my questions.

Now on to the other business with pwrbyls2. I can tell your truck is a 2010-2014 Raptor/quad cab/6.2 with a max tow capacity of 8000lbs. Your tractor is JD 4066R/Full cab/m180 loader with what looks like at least a 6ft finish mower on the back. That at least 6500lbs without loaded tires which I'm sure you have. The trailer is at least 20ft long and I can tell it's a tilt deck which, according to the PJ dealer website, weighs 2600lbs. That's a hair over 9000lbs. The trailer appears to have 6 lugs so it's likely a 10k trailer.

That means everything you have there is loaded nearly to the absolute max. Truck is even over loaded.

I won't sit here and act like I haven't over loaded a truck. I have but I don't make a habit of it. Everything I own is bigger then I need to give me a safety margin. My dually has a max towing of 21k but I rarely exceed 16k. My tractor, implements and tools rarely exceed 10k but i have a 14k trailer to haul it all. The point is I purchased all of my trucks, trailers and all associated equipment with higher then needed capacities to create a greater safety margin. I can SAFELY move and STOP my loads. I don't want to kill someones family.

Hooking a load like that to a Maverick is not only stupid, it's reckless.

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue
Comments from the owner:

Slapped 4,050 pounds behind the maverick! As usual I made a quick video to try and show how it did. Iā€™ve towed with many different configurations and I have to say I think Ford could have made a mistake by making it 4,000 pounds. I really feel the limit should really be about 3,500 safely. Plenty of engine power, but the chassis itself just felt over powered.

Still got the job done! Just had to be a little more conscious about movements. Of course, this is all in my own humble opinion!

Did you put everything on a scale? Did you then weigh the tongue weight&make sure thatā€™s at 12%? If not it would feel quite awkward with out sufficient tongue weight, if you arenā€™t sure of these parameters not really good Way to assessā˜ŗ