RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater truck
Comments from the owner:

Slapped 4,050 pounds behind the maverick! As usual I made a quick video to try and show how it did. I’ve towed with many different configurations and I have to say I think Ford could have made a mistake by making it 4,000 pounds. I really feel the limit should really be about 3,500 safely. Plenty of engine power, but the chassis itself just felt over powered.

Still got the job done! Just had to be a little more conscious about movements. Of course, this is all in my own humble opinion!

Sponsored

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Comments from the owner:

Slapped 4,050 pounds behind the maverick! As usual I made a quick video to try and show how it did. I’ve towed with many different configurations and I have to say I think Ford could have made a mistake by making it 4,000 pounds. I really feel the limit should really be about 3,500 safely. Plenty of engine power, but the chassis itself just felt over powered.

Still got the job done! Just had to be a little more conscious about movements. Of course, this is all in my own humble opinion!

Does it seem that the steering wheel alignment is off to the left a bit when driving on a straight road?

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe a gooseneck trailer would have been easier with a little more weight on the chassis.

Sponsored

WasChops

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Ltd + Maverick Lariat Hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow that was informative... I liked that the road / engine noise was NOT anywhere near being too loud!

kcirevam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Jeep, MINI
Engine
Undecided
Details on the navigation. Is that off your phone?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Details on the navigation. Is that off your phone?
Looks like he’s using Waze navigation app through Apple Carplay on the infotainment screen (your phone has to be plugged in to one of the usb ports but it’s a wonderfully simple system once you get used to it).

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hitch weight is the issue. Max is 400lbs
Is that for the 4K tow package or overall across the model line? Was hoping to add a load equalizer for my 1200# camper, tongue weight now is 176#

Sponsored

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dealer said it's with the 4K package
Read in the Owners manual that tongue weight is 10% of maximum towing weight. But is the hitch part of the tongue or the truck? Cundrum?

Deleted member 1370

Comments from the owner:

Even at that rate it should be able to tow even the largest haul cargo trailer almost but not quite fully loaded with no problem. Which was my purpose of getting that package for a cross country move. Well that and I like the taller diff ratio for more torque. Well hopefully it will do the job for me safely for when I do move that is. Fingers crossed since a ranger was out of budget

PWRbyLS2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 2011 F150
Mark my words: if and when I get a Maverick I WILL be towing my tractor/trailer at least once just for 💩's and giggles

Ford Maverick 4K Tow Package max towing test: 4,050 lbs (another vehicle) IMG_20200829_153451

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mark my words: if and when I get a Maverick I WILL be towing my tractor/trailer at least once just for 💩's and giggles

IMG_20200829_153451.jpg
How much does tractor/trailer weigh?
Sponsored