Sponsored

20k Miles Maverick Hybrid Update!

• Thread starter Deleted member 1483
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 1483

So I've just recently passed 20k miles in my XLT Hybrid! I've averaged 40mpg and I drive it hard. I've done some trips in sport mode just to make the commute a little less dreary.

It's my personal vehicle, but I also drive for work that officially makes it a work truck. My previous vehicle was a 2014 Escape Titanium and I can't tell you how many times I hauled 2x4s or concrete in an emergency that it just wasn't suited to load. My Maverick has been a trooper having hauled:
  • 45 Treated 2x6x8 (this one was definitely at the weight limit)
  • A washer and dryer
  • 9ft sectional
  • Large tent and product for my friend's art booth.
  • 1300lbs of concrete
I can say that when you max out the payload the steering wheel feels a little light but the truck turns and drives just like normal. You don't really "notice" the weight. I usually used tow/haul mode just to be on the safe side.

I put some winter tires (winter command ultra) on and I have yet to test them out on any snow, but I did have a fun day finding the worst roads in Western PA to traverse. If anyone knows of any worse ones please let me know. The roads here have a mix of mud, gravel, and some large sharp rocks. I was hesitant to go over the rocks any faster than crawl speed. I was pretty far out of cell service if I blew a tire.

It definitely performed well. I found that simply disabling traction control was the right way to go. I could certainly have gone much faster if I wasn't being careful. So, the hybrid is definitely up to the task of some pretty bad roads, which is all I wanted from it. Let me know if you have any questions about how the truck drives if you are waiting on yours!

Ford Maverick 20k Miles Maverick Hybrid Update! mav1

Ford Maverick 20k Miles Maverick Hybrid Update! mav2

Ford Maverick 20k Miles Maverick Hybrid Update! mav3
Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Heck, that road looks pretty darn good to me! The county road leading to our "private road" was worse than that one.

That "private road" was shared between 4 families. It's condition varied a lot depending on the season (rain / snow were tough on it) and how it was used... It could be downright awful right after someone moved in or had to have something heavy hauled in. Heavy trucks and moving vans tore it up pretty bad.

But after my neighbor and I got on our tractors, and spent a half-day back-blading it (including scarifying it to bring the gravel back to the surface), it would be pretty decent for a few months. Just a constant need for maintenance...

OP
OP

Deleted member 1483

It was the worst road I could find sadly everything is paved now. I would rather it be all dirt/ruts than those sharp rocks. I had to go 2mph some of the time so I didn't pop a tire 20 miles from anywhere.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not much of a challenge. If you want a real challenge, try dodging the 8,447 potholes on our city streets of Bowie, TX. LOL. Anyhow, looks like Mr. Mav performs well in all conditions.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1483

My own street has potholes enough to sink a VW Golf in. :(

OP
OP

Deleted member 1483

Added some ASMR of the hybrid on a winter road.
Sponsored