Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor and a Hybrid 2023's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I believe i saw TODAY is the one and only day to order a 2023 Bronco. In case anyone here wants to continue the fun of buying from Ford.
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2023, or 2024?

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think it's Job 2 on the 2023 model

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hard Pass!

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No price protection. So manual transmission. No base model. No base mode with sasquatch. etc..

No guarantee of order fulfillment.

Pass.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAVRICKDAVE

MAVRICKDAVE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor and a Hybrid 2023's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I believe i saw TODAY is the one and only day to order a 2023 Bronco. In case anyone here wants to continue the fun of buying from Ford.
As Ford Authority reported last August, 2023 Ford Bronco retail order banks didn’t initially open to new customers – only existing, carryover reservation/order holders. This move was intended to ensure that the automaker could catch up on its large backlog of orders, though as Ford Authority reported earlier this month, The Blue Oval has since informed Wildtrak order holders and those with constrained items such as the Sasquatch Package, molded-in color hardtop, and Lux Package that they can change or cancel their orders and receive $2,500 in retail cash, or risk having their order canceled altogether. As a result, it seems that this move will free up enough production capacity to open 2023 Ford Bronco retail order banks to new customers, according to Bronco Nation.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I jumped back in line. It can't be any worse than my experience with the Bronco landing on Ice Mountain.

Hoping my lotto ticket gets pulled!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If I could get a 4 door Mansquatch for $35k I would.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had a 4 door BaseSquatch that I regret getting rid of, but no Man.

Bronc assembly line.jpg
Yeah I was all hopeful thinking I could get something with the offroad goods (or even just the 210 front axle)and no luxury stuff at an affordable price, but everything just kept adding up over $40-42k and then I figured the Badlands was only a couple thousand more. All that while realizing the Bronco would be a compromise for us. Our main vehicle needs to be capable of carry 2 60lb dogs, a 2'x2'x4' laundry tote, 12-15 gallons of water jugs, and groceries. Our 96 Bronco and 93 Grand Cherokee can do all that with the laundry on the roof. The GC is easier because its racks are alot lower So we take the Bronco more. Really after seeing the Bronco in person I realized how small it is inside. Even with the laundry on the roof I would be tight to fit our needs. With the Maverick. We can fit the dogs in the back seat and everything else in the bed. Or dogs and laundry in the bed and everything else in the back seat. I also have a good plan to add my own bed extender design the tailgate that gives us a 6ft bed.

All of our vehicles have to be noteable level 4wds aswell. Just to leave our house, on a nice dry day. Worse in a storm. The Bronco would have killed it but would have been a compromise in our uses. The Maverick FX4 would have needed a lift and bumper trimming. But the Tremor will be good to go once we add a cap. We are super stoked on it at $29k +$4000 for a cap. The Bronco would have been cool, But I became the Maverickman back in 2009 3 years before I ever owned a Bronco. One day I may look at a used 10 year old 2 door for a toy. Maybe then I can pull all the good bits off craigslist or ebay and build it up nice from a base base.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I was all hopeful thinking I could get something with the offroad goods (or even just the 210 front axle)and no luxury stuff at an affordable price, but everything just kept adding up over $40-42k and then I figured the Badlands was only a couple thousand more. All that while realizing the Bronco would be a compromise for us. Our main vehicle needs to be capable of carry 2 60lb dogs, a 2'x2'x4' laundry tote, 12-15 gallons of water jugs, and groceries. Our 96 Bronco and 93 Grand Cherokee can do all that with the laundry on the roof. The GC is easier because its racks are alot lower So we take the Bronco more. Really after seeing the Bronco in person I realized how small it is inside. Even with the laundry on the roof I would be tight to fit our needs. With the Maverick. We can fit the dogs in the back seat and everything else in the bed. Or dogs and laundry in the bed and everything else in the back seat. I also have a good plan to add my own bed extender design the tailgate that gives us a 6ft bed.

All of our vehicles have to be noteable level 4wds aswell. Just to leave our house, on a nice dry day. Worse in a storm. The Bronco would have killed it but would have been a compromise in our uses. The Maverick FX4 would have needed a lift and bumper trimming. But the Tremor will be good to go once we add a cap. We are super stoked on it at $29k +$4000 for a cap. The Bronco would have been cool, But I became the Maverickman back in 2009 3 years before I ever owned a Bronco. One day I may look at a used 10 year old 2 door for a toy. Maybe then I can pull all the good bits off craigslist or ebay and build it up nice from a base base.
The Bronco is certainly a compromise in many many ways. My original goal was a 2dr ManSquatch - $36k. Like you I found out that wasn't happening. I ordered the 4 door base sasquatch and it cost 42,600. I f'd up and sold it. To be fair, it spent an entire winter outside of MAP on "Ice Mountain" and it had numerous issues that Ford was not going to address from dented/wavy doors to busted seams on the soft top - and I still loved it. But I got a lot of money for it and I thought I can always get back in line.

Can't order a base sasquatch right now and I wasn't going to order a $62k badlands - so I had to forego the front locker and my $49k Black Diamond will have to do. I did option the 2.7eb and it comes with the rear locker, rock rails, skid plates, and steel bumpers.

I'll be on the search for a HOSS 3.0 suspension to put on it, and plan to upgrade the tie rods and steering rack long term. In the end, I'll have something better than a Wildtrak but it'll never replace Mean Green Overland.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The Bronco is certainly a compromise in many many ways. My original goal was a 2dr ManSquatch - $36k. Like you I found out that wasn't happening. I ordered the 4 door base sasquatch and it cost 42,600. I f'd up and sold it. To be fair, it spent an entire winter outside of MAP on "Ice Mountain" and it had numerous issues that Ford was not going to address from dented/wavy doors to busted seams on the soft top - and I still loved it. But I got a lot of money for it and I thought I can always get back in line.

Can't order a base sasquatch right now and I wasn't going to order a $62k badlands - so I had to forego the front locker and my $49k Black Diamond will have to do. I did option the 2.7eb and it comes with the rear locker, rock rails, skid plates, and steel bumpers.

I'll be on the search for a HOSS 3.0 suspension to put on it, and plan to upgrade the tie rods and steering rack long term. In the end, I'll have something better than a Wildtrak but it'll never replace Mean Green Overland.
Yeah thats about right. I honestly made myself stop looking at Bronco prices once we ordered our Maverick. But damn $62k for a Badlands, I hope thats alot of options. Even the BD I was looking at without squatch was gonna be right at $40k. But Im not a lux guy. I was also worried about the BD and Badlands when I found out the floor lining wasnt simply spray on material but it was padded. As someone who plans to own the vehicle till it falls apart that is a scary notion. You get some pinholes in that and it fills with moisture. Those non aluminum floors are gonna last longer than 15 years with offroad or top down use before they show signs of rot. Then it presumably bonded to the metal so there is no ripping it out and paint and patch like I have done on all my +25 year old offroaders. The Bronco is cool as hell but its got alot of things that spell disaster for something that will get used for anything considered hardcore. Like felt rear seatbacks? Again I am just forcibly reinforcing my Maverick switch mentally here but overall I am happy with the Tremor choice. As for offroaders, once we get the Tremor my 96 Bronco can rest a bit on the DD stuff and take some time to get some sheetmetal patched, maybe a 4" lift kit, rear locker(its got f/r LSD), some 35s, aftermarket EFI, and a set of shiny AFR heads, maybe even a Tranzilla 6spd swap. As it sits 100% stock its is the exact height, size, and comperable ground clearance(except for the hilariously low tcase skidplate) as a 4 door Sasquatch. Just needs taller tires really.
Sponsored