Sponsored

Minimoto7

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
@fordvideoguy I have heard aftermarket lifts can affect whether Ford will honor a power train warranty claim, for example with the transmission. Does having them dealer installed make any difference with how and if Ford will honor a warranty claim?
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
@fordvideoguy I have heard aftermarket lifts can affect whether Ford will honor a power train warranty claim, for example with the transmission. Does having them dealer installed make any difference with how and if Ford will honor a warranty claim?
He said in the video that it was covered under the 36/36,000 warranty.

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has 2 or more wheels and an engine!
Engine
Undecided
Ford themselves never checks the cars, all warranty claims approval or denials are based on what the dealer tells them and the photos they submit for the claim, great dealers know how to navigate the grey area of corporate BS and go the extra mile to help customers since a happy customer is a customer that will come back, other dealers (usually very big dealers)deny all warranty claim for even the smallest hint of modification because warranty work is done at a fixed rate(and fixed time too) so less profit for them rather than doing a repair based on "shop rate" and they usually don't care if a customer gets pissed and leaves because they can always get another customer or are the only dealer within a reasonable distance.

Also it is worth mentioning that although they might deny warranty work on moddified vehicles, they can't deny any recall(free of charge) work regardless of modification.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
NOT, since hybrid is FWD and would definitely affect the MPG. Would be like putting mud grips on rear 2-wheel drive old pickup.
You know a 2WD truck with 190hp can get a lot of placesā€¦Iā€™ve been all over with my Jeep Wrangler in 2WD and only need 4WD in emergencies. I think a lot of people think they need 4WD to go off-road but thatā€™s just not true

BilesSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Sport
Hybrid? FWD? No disrespect intended but why?
No disrespect received, haha. I was wondering about just lifting in general. This will be my first hybrid. Iā€™ve had jeeps lifted in the past and I know bigger tires do that but I was more thinking of leveling more than anything

MysticRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max
You know a 2WD truck with 190hp can get a lot of placesā€¦Iā€™ve been all over with my Jeep Wrangler in 2WD and only need 4WD in emergencies. I think a lot of people think they need 4WD to go off-road but thatā€™s just not true
Totally agree. My job meant driving big 2500 series diesel trucks on remote tank trails around the country in all kinds of weather. Now I won't say I didn't need 4WD to get out of some areas, but the majority of places I drove meant 2WD and good tires. So much comes down to what tires you're running. Same goes for every other vehicle sport.

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Totally agree. My job meant driving big 2500 series diesel trucks on remote tank trails around the country in all kinds of weather. Now I won't say I didn't need 4WD to get out of some areas, but the majority of places I drove meant 2WD and good tires. So much comes down to what tires you're running. Same goes for every other vehicle sport.
Iā€™ve seen some camrys get places they should not be with a lift and tires lol

Sponsored

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have leveled my 3/4 ton and needEd to change out the upper control arms to maintain the correct angles With a 2ā€ leveling kit. Iā€™m Interested to hear in these guys if they believe just adding the spacers would create too much angle for the factory control arms.
also, as another option for the rear to add air bags to gain some lift and to maintain a level/safe vehicle when towing or heavy load In the bed. In my personal opinion a truck with the head light in the air with a trailer attached looks goofy. It also handles like crap.

i would like to level and leave the rear alone. Might help clear the front air dam on those pesky Walmart speed bumps šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

I wonder if CST is working on a leveling kitšŸ¤”

TedderMavguy

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soul
2022 Ford Maverick with a 2" lift kit and 31" Mud Terrain Tires with Black Fuel Wheels.

Get all the details about lift, wheels, tires, with test drive.

You would have to pay me to put this stuff on my truck.

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well if you lift a truck and put on big ass MTā€™s gas mileage is not a concern. Not being an ass but come on folks if you are lifting and adding big tires itā€™s NOT about gas mileage. Like most of us that got Eco AWD we understand that gas mileage will be less but maybe we were looking for more. I respect big city commuters and why itā€™s all about MPG but I donā€™t live in a big city and AWD is what I want or need. I need to get through winter weather and might hit a farm lane from time to time. You get what makes sense for you and I will get what makes sense for me, I respect your needs.
I agree and disagree with what you said, the part about buying the AWD and the EB, you want that macho jumbo truck look but where I disagree is I ordered a hybrid because I don't like the macho jumbo truck look and the hybrids usually return better mileage than EPA once you start to understand how to maximize your economy, right now my highway mileage is higher than my city mileage. I'm still running OEM sized tires driving speed limit or below.

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like it... I don't know that I $6000 like it though.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree and disagree with what you said, the part about buying the AWD and the EB, you want that macho jumbo truck look but where I disagree is I ordered a hybrid because I don't like the macho jumbo truck look and the hybrids usually return better mileage than EPA once you start to understand how to maximize your economy, right now my highway mileage is higher than my city mileage. I'm still running OEM sized tires driving speed limit or below.
I am too old to be macho and don't really care to impress anyone, however, I know what I like and what I want. I am not planning on a lift but I am putting on better 235 AT's for traction. If the hybrid fits your wants and needs that's great, for now my option works best for me. Think we had a similar discussion in another thread. You are buying yours so by all means get what you want with the understanding that different people have different wants or needs and that's okay. I mean we all don't want the same color or options because we aren't the same and I am good with that.
Sponsored