First Name
Jorah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat, 2013 Maxima, 2009 V-Star 1300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
now, want to talk about color blindness, I didn’t realize the hubs and wheels were different colors until we got the close up.
Then there's me... even with the close-up I can't see any difference!

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will probably do it over again during spring time since there were blemishes and some learning/practice was needed. I color matched MAVERICK tailgate emblem to the wheels, but had a bad strategy that caused a lot of rough edges around emblems. Will have to redo that as well and find a better backdrop and brighter day to take a real picture.

Only 2nd week of ownership so I was a bit rushed with the cold weather.

mavdip.jpg
Love the color. It's a classy look that contrasts well with the black center cover, other black trim, and the white finish. Reminds me a little of the Bronco Sport Aluminum wheels that look similar to the steelies and as I remember they are some sort of bronze finish as well. So, you saved a ton of money using plastidip and they look just as good.:cool:

Last edited:

kkreit01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick, '17 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 V6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks great. Let us know how long it lasts. I did a grille on my previous Ram. It had a few chips after a few months.

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will probably do it over again during spring time since there were blemishes and some learning/practice was needed. I color matched MAVERICK tailgate emblem to the wheels, but had a bad strategy that caused a lot of rough edges around emblems. Will have to redo that as well and find a better backdrop and brighter day to take a real picture.

Only 2nd week of ownership so I was a bit rushed with the cold weather.

mavdip.jpg
. Thank you for posting. I have an Area51 that I want to change the color of the steelies. I actually like the factory steelies color but want to change it to differentiate them from other XL steelies. I really like the Bronze Monkey color as an alternative. (by the way, DYC videos are one of my favorite YT wormholes)

Sponsored

Bobby Chapman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You could also get some 17" bueaty rings from Amazon and paint them black.

Ford Maverick Changed the color of my steelies (to brass monkey w/ black center cap) for xmas! 20230218_120103

Ford Maverick Changed the color of my steelies (to brass monkey w/ black center cap) for xmas! Screenshot_20240105_115014_Amazon Shoppin

Last edited:

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the steelies painted black. I'd probably have made the center caps chrome to offset the black, sort of old-school or police like. The idea of the chrome trim ring with a chrome center would look great, at least in my mind.

Funny, for a while it was painted, then polished, and we've come back to black rims or black with machined areas. Just so long as the roadster wire spokes don't make a comeback, they were a royal pain to keep clean.

bajesus8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Civic LX, 09 Camry Hybrid, 22 Mav Hybd Lrt Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was thinking i should of went brass monkey on mine. Was trying to match the bronze of the lariat interiors, got kinda close but havent had any issues with any of the hyper dips coming off wheels. i sprayed them off the car. I think i could do a coat of the brass and might get closer...
Ford Maverick Changed the color of my steelies (to brass monkey w/ black center cap) for xmas! PXL_20230322_205442959

Ford Maverick Changed the color of my steelies (to brass monkey w/ black center cap) for xmas! PXL_20230322_205653010
Ford Maverick Changed the color of my steelies (to brass monkey w/ black center cap) for xmas! PXL_20230322_204921449

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like the steelies painted black. I'd probably have made the center caps chrome to offset the black, sort of old-school or police like. The idea of the chrome trim ring with a chrome center would look great, at least in my mind.

Funny, for a while it was painted, then polished, and we've come back to black rims or black with machined areas. Just so long as the roadster wire spokes don't make a comeback, they were a royal pain to keep clean.
You can often find Ford Crown Victoria PPV center caps for sale on eBay. As I've mentioned in several other posts that is what I have on my '22 XL with powder-coated OEM steel wheels. The center caps fit the Maverick wheels, you may just need to bend one or more of the tabs slightly to fit.

Also, I have the OEM center caps that I also had powder-coated matte black. If anyone is interested I would be up for selling them.

Ford Maverick Changed the color of my steelies (to brass monkey w/ black center cap) for xmas! 06192023_PassengerSideView

Ford Maverick Changed the color of my steelies (to brass monkey w/ black center cap) for xmas! Wheels Painted_mounted caps

Ford Maverick Changed the color of my steelies (to brass monkey w/ black center cap) for xmas! Center Caps Painted

Sponsored