Sponsored

OK... changed my order from Cactus Gray to Carbonized Gray... So...

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Great choice...nice metallic! That was my 1st choice. I ended up with velocity blue metallic. It was a tough decision. Both look great.

Guy_Montag

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So when I showed my wife the the Cactus Gray truck... she said... "but why don't you get a more manly color". I mean... how the hell was I NOT going to change the color after that comment?
I was intent on getting black. Every black vehicle I owned, I loved, every other color I drove around wishing it was black.
I submitted my order online.
Then got called into the dealership to submit the order again "officially" (why it's done like this I will never understand). And in a moment of stupidity, looking at the Area 51 on the dealer's screen, seeing it as a medium gray with a hint of navy blue, I thought, "That looks like a truck that wouldn't get pulled over as much, but still stick enough to be noticed by driver's with a cell phone in hand." and went for it.
The moment I walked out of there I regretted my decision, and should have acted then, but didn't.
After seeing the color in person, I hate it soooooo much.
I've driven Jeeps and trucks my whole life, but switched to a prius 4 or 5 years ago (have a long commute to and from work, and a family to feed, so I'll save money any way I can.). Im used to hearing all kinds of things about what I'm driving... being able to get a truck and still save money on gas was exciting for me... but this color really took the wind out of my sails.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I was intent on getting black. Every black vehicle I owned, I loved, every other color I drove around wishing it was black.
I submitted my order online.
Then got called into the dealership to submit the order again "officially" (why it's done like this I will never understand). And in a moment of stupidity, looking at the Area 51 on the dealer's screen, seeing it as a medium gray with a hint of navy blue, I thought, "That looks like a truck that wouldn't get pulled over as much, but still stick enough to be noticed by driver's with a cell phone in hand." and went for it.
The moment I walked out of there I regretted my decision, and should have acted then, but didn't.
After seeing the color in person, I hate it soooooo much.
I've driven Jeeps and trucks my whole life, but switched to a prius 4 or 5 years ago (have a long commute to and from work, and a family to feed, so I'll save money any way I can.). Im used to hearing all kinds of things about what I'm driving... being able to get a truck and still save money on gas was exciting for me... but this color really took the wind out of my sails.
Did you see the color on another vehicle or do you have yours already? If your truck is not scheduled for production and you are above a priority level 2, you can make changes to your order.

Guy_Montag

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you see the color on another vehicle or do you have yours already? If your truck is not scheduled for production and you are above a priority level 2, you can make changes to your order.
Mine should arrive within the next 2 weeks.
I did speak with my dealer in August (Place my order June 19th) about changing the color when I started reading about delays for this and that, he was adamant that any change would significantly delay my order... I've only recently become aware that he was not 100% correct.

Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine should arrive within the next 2 weeks.
I did speak with my dealer in August (Place my order June 19th) about changing the color when I started reading about delays for this and that, he was adamant that any change would significantly delay my order... I've only recently become aware that he was not 100% correct.
That's a shame. Hopefully it grows on you. Worst case scenario you could consider adding some vinyl decals to try to liven up the color a bit more. Maybe stuff like this. Or heck, vinyl wrap the whole car is cheaper than painting it.

Ford Maverick OK... changed my order from Cactus Gray to Carbonized Gray... So... 1641912584393

Ford Maverick OK... changed my order from Cactus Gray to Carbonized Gray... So... 1641912620339

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Because you don't like bronze wheels... or because you THOUGHT you didn't like bronze wheel pics..... till you saw the photo... and now you are questioning your life choices?
Because I was debating them for weeks and how they would look on a white Mav. All I can say is it's a good thing there is a magnesium.......aluminum......alloy wheel shortage......so I am no longer tempted to spend more $$.

I always question my life choices but end up with the same answer.

Guy_Montag

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's a shame. Hopefully it grows on you. Worst case scenario you could consider adding some vinyl decals to try to liven up the color a bit more. Maybe stuff like this. Or heck, vinyl wrap the whole car is cheaper than painting it.

1641912584393.png

1641912620339.png
What does a vinyl wrap run. I actually looked into getting bedliner over the whole truck, but evidently that's $3k-$5K which is completely unreasonable if you ask me.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What does a vinyl wrap run. I actually looked into getting bedliner over the whole truck, but evidently that's $3k-$5K which is completely unreasonable if you ask me.
I've only ever put large advertising graphics on the side of our work trucks and that was about $350 (for a Tahoe). According to google, it should be in the range of $2,000-$3,500 if you are doing 100% coverage and that cost is mostly labor.

Those small decals that I posted above were only $60 I think with a DIY application.

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I debated Cactus Gray vs Carbonized Gray for awhile before ordering. Ended up going with Iconic Silver 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Top_Gun

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Colorado Diesel
Engine
Undecided
Ford Maverick OK... changed my order from Cactus Gray to Carbonized Gray... So... 54B8DE44-DF1E-4DF8-8CE5-E7847A7A268D

Nothing to see here, not my photo, stolen from someone on this forum.