Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick PHOTOS: Lifted FX4 Maverick vs. Tremor Maverick IMG_9221

So, I'll have much more on this in an upcoming video, but bottom line I passed on a 23 Tremor today. For a variety of reasons.-- personal, practical and financial -- I just couldn't justify going away from my 22 FX4 4K Tow with 2-inch Eibach Pro Lift Springs.

Thought you'd enjoy these photos. What do you think?

Ford Maverick PHOTOS: Lifted FX4 Maverick vs. Tremor Maverick IMG_9220

Ford Maverick PHOTOS: Lifted FX4 Maverick vs. Tremor Maverick IMG_9218
Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That one available?

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That one available?
Yes, at Lehighton Ford in PA. I don't think they even waited for me to leave the showroom before slapping a $7,500 markup onto it and listing it on their website.

Anyone who pays almost $40 grand for an XLT Tremor without a luxury package ought to have their head examined. But hey that's just me.

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, at Lehighton Ford in PA. I don't think they even waited for me to leave the showroom before slapping a $7,500 markup onto it and listing it on their website.

Anyone who pays almost $40 grand for an XLT Tremor without a luxury package ought to have their head examined. But hey that's just me.
Lol. Yup. Agreed, no thanks.

You pass, it gets marked $7k up. Multiple others pick up theirs no problem no markup. Same dealership someone else picked up from has a lariat tremor loaded for 38k no upcharge. Meanwhile I still can’t get a simple date for a vehicle/trim with less than 3,000 orders. Fanboys will tell me it’s technologically impossible to do so.

That insane disparity across dealerships and fords dog shit systems are probably why I’m not buying a maverick if and when it even shows up.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Lol. Yup. Agreed, no thanks.

You pass, it gets marked $7k up. Multiple others pick up theirs no problem no markup. Same dealership someone else picked up from has a lariat tremor loaded for 38k no upcharge. Meanwhile I still can’t get a simple date for a vehicle/trim with less than 3,000 orders. Fanboys will tell me it’s technologically impossible to do so.

That insane disparity across dealerships and fords dog shit systems are probably why I’m not buying a maverick if and when it even shows up.
Yeah I think it's a shame. I see others who just found Tremors at MSRP at other dealers.

This was an order I placed in September. My 22 wasn't built until November and I finally got it a week before Christmas.

They lowballed the trade offer on my truck at $27k. Vroom offered me $33,400 earlier this month.

Honestly I kind of felt like they realky would have rather I didn't buy the truck. And honestly without the LUX package I kind of didn't want it. I've gotten really fond of the leather steering wheel, heated seats and other goodies on my 22.

Still, I hate to see them gouging someone on it.

Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I think it's a shame. I see others who just found Tremors at MSRP at other dealers.

This was an order I placed in September. My 22 wasn't built until November and I finally got it a week before Christmas.

They lowballed the trade offer on my truck at $27k. Vroom offered me $33,400 earlier this month.

Honestly I kind of felt like they realky would have rather I didn't buy the truck. And honestly without the LUX package I kind of didn't want it. I've gotten really fond of the leather steering wheel, heated seats and other goodies on my 22.

Still, I hate to see them gouging someone on it.
exactly. It’s soured the entire experience.

i also truly feel this value won’t last and is largely hype based. I’m talking 5+ years. It’s an amazing budget vehicle, but I’m not risking taking a loan above sticker when any day the bottom can fall out.

im currently working a 3k under msrp deal for a 2023 Tacoma trd off road and passed on 3k under on a 2023 trailboss. Both around 38k before TTL.

still want to wait for a 2024 Tacoma but I’ll die before I pay these dealers any markup on a new vehicle with no value history.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was a little bummed when news came out
Ford Maverick PHOTOS: Lifted FX4 Maverick vs. Tremor Maverick Hole 1
Ford Maverick PHOTOS: Lifted FX4 Maverick vs. Tremor Maverick Hole 2
Ford Maverick PHOTOS: Lifted FX4 Maverick vs. Tremor Maverick Hole 3
after we got our FX4/Lariat that a Tremor version was coming- However at the end of today literally after what I just put this lifted FX4 thru in the rocky Utah desert with steep grades, rock slopes, small ledges and what not I am not sure I am missing anything other than the rear locker sounded like a nice upgrade- No way I am parting ways with 4K tow, Lariat/Lux/K-Fob remote start- push button- B/O - LOL

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I was a little bummed when news came out
Hole 1.jpg
Hole 2.jpg
Hole 3.jpg
after we got our FX4/Lariat that a Tremor version was coming- However at the end of today literally after what I just put this lifted FX4 thru in the rocky Utah desert with steep grades, rock slopes, small ledges and what not I am not sure I am missing anything other than the rear locker sounded like a nice upgrade- No way I am parting ways with 4K tow, Lariat/Lux/K-Fob remote start- push button- B/O - LOL
That's awesome man! I definitely didn't want to give up the 4K Tow capacity. Here's a photo of the Tremor's WORST feature! 🤣

Ford Maverick PHOTOS: Lifted FX4 Maverick vs. Tremor Maverick IMG_9223

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's awesome man! I definitely didn't want to give up the 4K Tow capacity. Here's a photo of the Tremor's WORST feature! 🤣

IMG_9223.jpeg
That little pin looks lonely :) I will add that downhill assist is legit- Got a nice video - Lots to upload later.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So here's the note the dealership added next to the window sticker. It's almost as if they want our sympathy. It's not that the dealership wants to mark up the truck by $7,500. It's just that they HAVE to.

Oh, the humanity! 🤬

Ford Maverick PHOTOS: Lifted FX4 Maverick vs. Tremor Maverick IMG_9225

Sponsored

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I love the white letter tires on your FX4.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I love the white letter tires on your FX4.
Thanks. I was initially hesitant to do white letter tires, but I have to agree the white is a nice complement to the Cactus Gray. In fact, it has me wondering whether it might be worth doing the XLT badging and tow hooks in a matte white. What do you think of that idea?

k2rizzle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Tremor XLT - Atlas Blue CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks. I was initially hesitant to do white letter tires, but I have to agree the white is a nice complement to the Cactus Gray. In fact, it has me wondering whether it might be worth doing the XLT badging and tow hooks in a matte white. What do you think of that idea?
I like that idea...have often thought body color tow hooks would be cool too.

Nice looking truck you have there. How did you fuel mileage get fare after the lift?

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I like that idea...have often thought body color tow hooks would be cool too.

Nice looking truck you have there. How did you fuel mileage get fare after the lift?
I lost 1-2 mpg. I have a detailed thread about it elsewhere.

I am averaging about 23 mpg for my local driving. I live in a rural area with lots of ups/downs/curves. Not much highway driving at all.

On a recent road trip, I was able to get 27-28 mpg if I set the cruise at 60 mph on relatively flat stretches of road.

k2rizzle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Tremor XLT - Atlas Blue CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I lost 1-2 mpg. I have a detailed thread about it elsewhere.

I am averaging about 23 mpg for my local driving. I live in a rural area with lots of ups/downs/curves. Not much highway driving at all.

On a recent road trip, I was able to get 27-28 mpg if I set the cruise at 60 mph on relatively flat stretches of road.
Not bad...thanks!
Sponsored