First Name
J. C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Energi 2003 Excursion 2023 Maverick hy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I have a '23 hybrid order that probably won't get produced and have already talked to my dealer about placing a carry over order to '24. Since then, I found out a good friend of mine is a salesman at a much larger Ford dealer in my area and he'd like me to place the order with him instead. I had already been wondering if it would be possible to change dealers due to the tiny dealer I placed the order with having only received 1 Mav ordered of 18 they placed last order cycle and none of the others have even scheduled yet. I'm assuming this due to having no allocations?? So, if I place a carry over, and most of the others with this dealer do as well, it seems like I will still have a slim chance of getting a '24 scheduled due to their allocation allowance.

Anyway, I want price protection, so I am hesitant to place with another dealer and possibly lose it. My salesman friend said his sales manager assured him that I can do it and will still get the private offer. Anyone have any idea how to do this properly to ensure I still get the price protection?
Sponsored

HTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So, I have a '23 hybrid order that probably won't get produced and have already talked to my dealer about placing a carry over order to '24. Since then, I found out a good friend of mine is a salesman at a much larger Ford dealer in my area and he'd like me to place the order with him instead. I had already been wondering if it would be possible to change dealers due to the tiny dealer I placed the order with having only received 1 Mav ordered of 18 they placed last order cycle and none of the others have even scheduled yet. I'm assuming this due to having no allocations?? So, if I place a carry over, and most of the others with this dealer do as well, it seems like I will still have a slim chance of getting a '24 scheduled due to their allocation allowance.

Anyway, I want price protection, so I am hesitant to place with another dealer and possibly lose it. My salesman friend said his sales manager assured him that I can do it and will still get the private offer. Anyone have any idea how to do this properly to ensure I still get the price protection?
your friend should know better. This is part of a bulletin sent to all dealers.

Ford Maverick '23 to ’24 Carry over order questions Screenshot 2023-07-06 073346

Last edited:

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Price Protection "from Ford" will NOT get applied to any dealer except for the original order.

If you can get your friend's dealer to put a price protection in writing then I would order from them. But Ford will NOT give you that rebate.

I would guess the price protection is going to be big enough no dealer would be able to match it- they won't make much/any money if they sell you a '24 at the '23 price.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

For the 22 to 23 change, you could change dealers. From what has been posted and what Tim mentioned in his livestream is that you have to place it with the same dealer this year. It's probably to cut down on people ordering at multiple dealers and just using whichever one came in first.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coupe68GT390

Coupe68GT390

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J. C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Energi 2003 Excursion 2023 Maverick hy
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unless I am not understanding allocations right, it just seems like total BS and wrong that if you choose to custom order through your local hometown Ford dealer you are subject to that dealer's allowed max number of a particular unit per year. I understand the point of allocation for the dealer's stock units to be placed on the lot for sale, but it seems totally wrong and to be stacking the cards against a small dealer ever having a chance to grow bigger, if you are limited on customer orders based on prior sales. Does anyone agree or am I all wrong on how the two are related?

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless I am not understanding allocations right, it just seems like total BS and wrong that if you choose to custom order through your local hometown Ford dealer you are subject to that dealer's allowed max number of a particular unit per year. I understand the point of allocation for the dealer's stock units to be placed on the lot for sale, but it seems totally wrong and to be stacking the cards against a small dealer ever having a chance to grow bigger, if you are limited on customer orders based on prior sales. Does anyone agree or am I all wrong on how the two are related?
Disagree. For the unscheduled 23 orders Ford says they are giving dealers allocations and priority for them to be built before new orders (within constraints).

For their allocation formula based on previous sales they don't want to waste them on dealers that aren't going to use them while higher volume dealers may not get enough. Ford is a profit-making business not a dealer charity.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, no price protection if you change dealers. Ford can't find you to give you your private offer unless you keep the same order number with the same dealer. If you change dealers, It's a brand new order and you would be starting all over with no priority at all.

TriSamurai

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the private offer for my ‘22, now that it again is being carried over to the ‘24 is the offer going to be added to help offset the new increases or will all the new offers be the same?

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the private offer for my ‘22, now that it again is being carried over to the ‘24 is the offer going to be added to help offset the new increases or will all the new offers be the same?
Who knows? Currently, Ford seems to have more angles than a protractor! If it is Tuesday who knows? lol

Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The private offers will be based on the model and not options. More details are to come out in the next week or two. At least they are doing it for 2024s though they said they weren't going to offer them this time. Personally I don't think they should since it raises the cost for all of us.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The private offers will be based on the model and not options. More details are to come out in the next week or two. At least they are doing it for 2024s though they said they weren't going to offer them this time. Personally I don't think they should since it raises the cost for all of us.
So you think that the person that tied up their deposit money for a year, only to get nothing this year, should only get the benefit of paying more, as a reward for their patience, for the next model year? That's nice. :rolleyes:

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's life, littered with disappointment. Those private offers aren't paid out of Farley's pocket, they are included in the new model year increases for everyone to pay.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's life, littered with disappointment. Those private offers aren't paid out of Farley's pocket, they are included in the new model year increases for everyone to pay.
Anybody with a deposit on one doesn't care if the private offers are included in the model year increase because they have been trying to buy one FOR A YEAR at last years price.
Personally I don't think they should since it raises the cost for all of us.
Anyone that gets a private offer doesn't care that the new orderers have to pay more. See how selfish thinking works both ways. You say screw all the people with unbuilt orders and the people with unbuilt orders say screw the new orders.

And if the new orders price is increased because of private offers, oh well "that's life, littered with disappointment."
Sponsored

Last edited: