First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My order is AWD Lariat, Lux, FX4, 4k, Co-Pilot, with all weather floor mats, full-size spare, and the protective film. I wanted the tonneau cover, and mud flaps, but decided against it when learned it could delay the build. Plus, they should be easy to get aftermarket. No need to delay my build. Honestly, my next vehicle was going to as loaded as I could go and still feel comfortable with payments. The fact I'm getting it in a small truck is awesome!
Sponsored

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I deleted stuff to get into production, but its all stuff I can bolt on myself at a later date. The only thing I deleted I can't add back is the rear window, which is a bummer but in all honesty I was only getting because it would tickle my 3 year old nephew pink.

And to be honest, my nephew is a lot like his father, so maybe having a window he can throw stuff out of isn't a great idea anyway.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. This will be my car for then next 10 years hopefully. I'm driving close to a beater now. I want the XLT lux and that's what I'm getting. I don't care how long it takes
Same, driving a beater and will drive this truck until it's either dead or electric infrastructure in my area makes running a gas engine, even a hybrid, untenable.

The-Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I'm considering dropping from XLT Lux to base XL. I was torn on it in the first place. Now with 4:1 scheduling of non bedliners on an already limited build. The only feature I lose that I upgraded for was Cruise Control on the XLT. Saving 5k and getting to screw Ford on the lower margin at this point for lying about Hybrid being the base engine is a bonus.

Sponsored

Lvsparky83

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope not settling, I ordered, XLT with Lux and Hybrid. If I don’t get that build, I will just get my deposit back and buy a 2022 Nissan Frontier. They have plenty of them at the dealer. I’m giving FORD till the end of the year to get it together. They should be bending backwards for our business not the other way around. Let’s them feel like they have power over us.

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm considering dropping from XLT Lux to base XL. I was torn on it in the first place. Now with 4:1 scheduling of non bedliners on an already limited build. The only feature I lose that I upgraded for was Cruise Control on the XLT. Saving 5k and getting to screw Ford on the lower margin at this point for lying about Hybrid being the base engine is a bonus.
Why not bump down to base XLT? They seem to be getting scheduled at the same rate as XL, and half of that $5K is the lux.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It was a pleasant surprise to find out about the Maverick and I was not in a rush at the time I ordered. What is the point of altering your order? I ordered what I wanted and am willing to wait to get what I want. In fact just a half hour ago I got a call from the Dealer and he said my order would be coming soon!!

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I was lucky that I decided I wanted to move to Ecoboost from the hybrid right around the time we started hearing about limited hybrid availability. Made the change and was scheduled 2 days later.
My ONLY regrets in my change:
1. Didn't end up with a full size spare because I forgot to add it when transitioning to EB.
2. I was SO CLOSE to ordering the FX4 package, mainly because I love the wheels, but ultimately decided it was silly to have a towing package on a FWD, since I didn't wanna pony up for AWD. Definitely kicking myself now for missing out on the free AWD upgrade I coulda had.

Sponsored

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
I only removed the tonneau cover and the spray in liner. I really prefer the Linex anyway and for the tonneau cover, I was having 2nd thoughts about- I am still trying to decide which style I want.

There was no way I was giving up the hybrid.

Made the changes and was able to get a build date~1 week later. Week and of 11-15.

You do you and all will be good in the end.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see a lot of posts with people changing their orders to remove items that are causing a delay, but I feel like I built out exactly what I wanted and am willing to wait to get that perfect baby when it finally arrives, what is your take?
One thing I have learned in life, is that when I am impatient and want it now I have always ended up disappointed feelings of what if and wanting more.

And every time I wait for whatever it is material things to relationships, it is way more satisfying and or rewarding in the end.

I may actually add instead of removing items to get this guy sooner.

Sometimes when its not your(my) time it just is not your(my) time....

I was not even in the market for a new car or truck.

I just loved everything about this truck and said to myself that I am going to treat myself to it.

P.S. Now if the world economy goes to hell and no new cars can be made and these are the last of news cars made then I would be really be disappointed to square one. But then again if that was the case we would have bigger issues to deal with"

Baztek1

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Terrain SLT AWD
I ordered a FE Carbonized Gray hybrid. Its exactly what i wanted, all the goodies and good gas mileage! I'll wait, no worries.

The-Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Why not bump down to base XLT? They seem to be getting scheduled at the same rate as XL, and half of that $5K is the lux.
Pretty much a pure city driver. Thus already torn on CC. It's handy for the 1 road trip I might do a year but I'm not a 40m each way kind of driver. PWR Mirrors? Big woop they're pretty much set and forget. More tie downs? meh. Wheels? Can be upgraded. The build sheets I pulled up are still at a 3k gap.

JTCC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid and 12 motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I settled on the spray-in bedliner. My dealer's going to do it for the same price, so that was pretty easy to take off. I will absolutely not settle on the hybrid engine, since going from a PHEV to HEV already feels like enough of a downgrade.

Though with all of this waiting time to think about it, I ended up bumping up from an XL to an XLT for the cruise control and Navy Pier interior.
Sponsored