Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just placed an order for a blue XL in Colorado. I wanted to buy one from the great Ford dealers who participate in this group, but shipping was just to expensive--and I really don't have time to drive across the country this fall.

I'm looking forward to seeing if this little truck is the answer to my dreams. I used to drive a 1989 Toyota Pickup many years ago--and I loved it. I replaced it with a Honda Element that I drove for about 10 years, until my son totaled it last year. After decades with such reliable vehicles, I'm nervous about buying a Ford. But I figure that I can sell it in a few years if it sucks and Toyota jumps into the small-truck market. With luck, I'll keep it a long, long time. It checks all of the boxes on paper: small (but big enough), good on gas, easy to clean (lots of "cheap" plastic), versatile cargo space for bikes and gear, can pull a small boat, capacity for 4 people, etc. Reliability still makes me nervous, but I'm willing to give Ford a try.

Edit: If anyone in Colorado wants to buy a Maverick, I recommend Brad Rafter at Mike Maroone Longmont Ford. I tried some other dealerships in the area, and wasn't impressed. I can't say for certain that I got the absolute best price, but I did receive direct answers, prompt service, and no slime. Here's his contact info:
Brad Rafter
Sales Manager
Mike Maroone Longmont Ford
720-759-5314
[email protected]
Sponsored

Last edited:

BostonTruck

First Name
RH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just received order confirmation from Fotor Motor

Cactus Grey XLT Hybrid
Luxury pack, Co-Pilot 360

Now the wait begins..

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The local dealer I ordered through last week now barely responds and when it does respond it's not timely.(sigh)

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Theoretically, yeah. LOL They asked for the $100 refundable deposit and I've tried multiple times to contact them to provide it but they won't call back. Guess that hundo isn't super important to them, eh? At least I already got the order confirmation from Ford.

Yardtruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2006 Sienna 2016
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I cannot imagine ordering a vehicle until after I had the opportunity to drive one in the wild.
Many vehicle seats hurt my very problematic back.

I wish you all good luck.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I cannot imagine ordering a vehicle until after I had the opportunity to drive one in the wild.
Many vehicle seats hurt my very problematic back.

I wish you all good luck.
Very true, it's a gamble. I'm going by reviews on Bronco Sport and Escape seats, which are good. Being platform mates of the Maverick, I'm guessing Ford is using the same supplier.

Sponsored

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Never ordered a new model car before. Just a little worried to commit this far in advance without being able to sit in it. Also with where used car prices are right now, my trade in would cover a good chunk of the purchase price. However, who knows what the used car market looks like 4-5 months from now. If my trade in value drops substantially a new car might not make as much financial sense.

Basically just curious if I place an order and put down a $500-$1000 deposit, will I be out that money if I decide I don't want the truck once it's delivered? Or do you think the dealership would gladly take it off my hands so they can sell it?

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think most dealerships understand that circumstances can change and make the deposit refundable.

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XLT in cactus grey, 2.0 awd with towing, FX4, luxury, sunroof and rear slider!

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XLT in cactus grey, 2.0 awd with towing, FX4, luxury, sunroof and rear slider!
Is there an echo in here?

I also ordered...today...those specs exactly.

You aren't getting it from Granger in Iowa I take it...are you?! :ROFLMAO:

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can anyone else confirm, on their email from Ford - does it not list the FX4 package or 4K towing package? I saw that it does state that not all options are listed, but those seem like bigger ones that would be in the general description details (along with the Lux, copilot 360 options that are listed...)

I did double check that my order was correct with Granger :)
Sponsored