Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just thought I’d share a “complaint” I found while browsing through the nhtsa website, not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings if this happens to be someone here, but the nhtsa is definitely not the right place to be filing this “complaint” lol

Ford Maverick Funny/ridiculous thing on nhtsa 744BFEBF-4EC7-4789-84D6-8F6AE162AD25
Sponsored

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just thought I’d share a “complaint” I found while browsing through the nhtsa website, not trying to hurt anyone’s feelings if this happens to be someone here, but the nhtsa is definitely not the right place to be filing this “complaint” lol

744BFEBF-4EC7-4789-84D6-8F6AE162AD25.jpeg
You're probably right, but what he posted is also correct. As evidenced by you, it's out there for all to see including Ford. So maybe some good will come of it. Can't hurt.

OP
OP

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're probably right, but what he posted is also correct. As evidenced by you, it's out there for all to see including Ford. So maybe some good will come of it. Can't hurt.
Oh I don’t disagree with his sentiments, but posting that on the website of the same agency that enforces the stop sale/delivery of his maverick isn’t exactly gonna change the nhtsa’s or ford’s minds, that and I’m not sure how this person paid for a vehicle that hasn’t even been delivered, pretty sure most dealers don’t let you buy the vehicle until it’s in their hands to sell…. But, there’s always a slim chance that this gets something kicked off, who knows?

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Several people have reported that their vehicles were delivered to the dealer, but the dealer cannot release them to the new owners until the airbag fix is applied. No parts, no repair, no delivery to owner. Gotta be super-frustrating, as there are a BUNCH of Mavericks that are similarly impacted by the "defective" airbags that ARE on the road and in daily use. Not saying the dealership is wrong, just that I get why the poster is super-frustrated after waiting all this time for their Maverick, and being able to see it on the lot must be killing them!

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Several people have reported that their vehicles were delivered to the dealer, but the dealer cannot release them to the new owners until the airbag fix is applied. No parts, no repair, no delivery to owner. Gotta be super-frustrating, as there are a BUNCH of Mavericks that are similarly impacted by the "defective" airbags that ARE on the road and in daily use. Not saying the dealership is wrong, just that I get why the poster is super-frustrated after waiting all this time for their Maverick, and being able to see it on the lot must be killing them!
Those vehicles already on the road were delivered before the recall was issued. Totally legal.. once the recall announced the dealers are forbidden by law from selling the vehicle and face a $$$$$ fine per vehicle, not to mention the liability of anyone injured in a crash.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Those vehicles already on the road were delivered before the recall was issued. Totally legal.. once the recall announced the dealers are forbidden by law from selling the vehicle and face a $$$$$ fine per vehicle, not to mention the liability of anyone injured in a crash.
Nice paraphrase of my post... :cautious:
Sponsored